Check your TA listing!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
Was testing out an email link and found that my 'default' photo on TA had disappeared and instead I had a 'snapshot' photo of an open bathroom door taken last year by a guest. It hasn't been THAT long since I last looked at my TA page so I was pretty upset to find that MY BRAND photo had been completely deleted from TA and replaced with a random guest photo.
On my mgmt photo page, half of my photos were gone. I had to upload a whole new set, select a default and now I have to wait 2-5 days for the photos to be approved and to get a decent photo as my 'brand' photo.
Seriously, does this crap happen to hotels? Does all of a sudden the Hilton photo NOT show the Hilton logo/hotel but instead show a random shot of someone's suitcase? Yeesh.

Wow! I just noticed on my Yahoo homepage (yes, I still get my news from Yahoo) there was a TA ad listing 3 accommodations in my town, and mine was one of the ones listed. Ad includes a photo of my place plus "From $119" flashing in red. I like that! Hope they keep giving me more free advertising! And maybe on a website somebody actually uses!

Your good photos are showing up this morning..
The big gorilla at play once again. All in hanging around to see what next it can hang on to. It has you at their mercy! What ticks me off most is how can they use our names to help them profit the most???? No other business can use our name with out asking us first.

Had a call this morning from the Big G offering me featured inn placement in my State for $200 for a month. I do not think so.

Had a call this morning from the Big G offering me featured inn placement in my State for $200 for a month. I do not think so..
they offered me $425.oo to hook up with them... Then I could answere any guest reviews WHooppie ding dong!! really how kind of them NOT!!! the gull of it all. I will NOT play there game no matter what!!!!! AND that is a promise. SO help me god!

Had a call this morning from the Big G offering me featured inn placement in my State for $200 for a month. I do not think so..
they offered me $425.oo to hook up with them... Then I could answere any guest reviews WHooppie ding dong!! really how kind of them NOT!!! the gull of it all. I will NOT play there game no matter what!!!!! AND that is a promise. SO help me god!
Google doesn't have humans that call and telemarket. If you got a call, it wasn't Google. There are a few companies that call that make it sound as if they are Google. They are ALL scams. Ask them immediately if they actually Google. (If they say that they are, ask for their extension and tell them that you will call head office and ask to be transfered to them. Real employees shouldn't have a problem with this, as you are trying to validate who they are. Fakes... will come up with excuses or hang up.) Also most of the fakes seem to come out of area code 503, it's a particular company that preys on people with this Google come-on. (Google's main switchboard is in area code 650)
Simple rule... I have never ever had someone call me who had something good to sell me on the telephone. If it was great in the first place, they wouldn't need to hawk it on a telephone. Google solicits by physical direct mail.

Google doesn't have humans that call and telemarket. If you got a call, it wasn't Google. There are a few companies that call that make it sound as if they are Google. They are ALL scams. Ask them immediately if they actually Google. (If they say that they are, ask for their extension and tell them that you will call head office and ask to be transfered to them. Real employees shouldn't have a problem with this, as you are trying to validate who they are. Fakes... will come up with excuses or hang up.) Also most of the fakes seem to come out of area code 503, it's a particular company that preys on people with this Google come-on. (Google's main switchboard is in area code 650)
Simple rule... I have never ever had someone call me who had something good to sell me on the telephone. If it was great in the first place, they wouldn't need to hawk it on a telephone. Google solicits by physical direct mail.
Bingo! 503 area code. She did identify as a diff company name but was selling the Big G. I still said my standard - I do not think so. Told her "why would I spend $200 for one month when I can get a Directory for a year for $200?" response - but you are in with everyone else in a Directory... Me - but I am the only one in my county/city. Do not need you. click. (me)

Bingo! 503 area code. She did identify as a diff company name but was selling the Big G. I still said my standard - I do not think so. Told her "why would I spend $200 for one month when I can get a Directory for a year for $200?" response - but you are in with everyone else in a Directory... Me - but I am the only one in my county/city. Do not need you. click. (me)
Oh those folks from '503'. I don't answer 503 phone calls any longer. (We don't get a lot of guests from there anyway. And they can book online.)

Oh those folks from '503'. I don't answer 503 phone calls any longer. (We don't get a lot of guests from there anyway. And they can book online.)
Madeleine said:
hey, not all of us 503 folks get a bad rap!
wink_smile.gif

Hey, I'm in with everyone else on G as well.
I usually tell them that the only thing that I see on the front of G is the company logo. If they can get me on that page, we can talk... all others walk.

Madeleine said:
wink_smile.gif

Breakfast Diva said:
Madeleine said:
wink_smile.gif
I was waiting for you to chime in!

Company name is lo6!ca1 pos!t!0n.
I don't buy anything from telemarketers anyway. If their product is good enough, they wouldn't need to hawk it on the telephone like a snakeoil salesman.

Company name is lo6!ca1 pos!t!0n.
I don't buy anything from telemarketers anyway. If their product is good enough, they wouldn't need to hawk it on the telephone like a snakeoil salesman.
thumbs_up.gif

Back