CHEER: Total Turn!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Draper

Reaction score
I thought CHEER was an appropriate opposite of VENT, right??
I am so happy because tomorrow we get what I call a "Total Turn", when the entire house checks out and you have a few lovely hours to get everything finished before the next group comes in.
We've had so many multi-night stays this year that the last time we had a Total Turn was MAY!!!! Don't ask me why, it just makes me happy.

InnsiderInfo said:
We've had so many multi-night stays this year that the last time we had a Total Turn was MAY!!!! Don't ask me why, it just makes me happy.
No need to explain! Whatever floats your boat!! Put your feet up and have a nice glass of wine
cheers.gif

glass of wine? ha ha she has every room leaving and all new rooms checking in. You sound like the guests who ask "what do you do all day?" CLEAN, WORK and then some more.

sounds great ~ sounds busy ~ throw open the windows for a little while and get FRESH. and then put your feet up if you have any time left!

sounds great ~ sounds busy ~ throw open the windows for a little while and get FRESH. and then put your feet up if you have any time left!.
Yeah, that's exactly what it is....clear the air out and get ready to start all over again!

Yes, there is something nice about it... probably the abandon with which such cleaning can be done! Fling the doors wide... throw sheets through doors... ENJOY!
=)
Kk.

Yes, there is something nice about it... probably the abandon with which such cleaning can be done! Fling the doors wide... throw sheets through doors... ENJOY!
=)
Kk..
Yes, and we will crank the tunes as well! I think it's just having the house to ourselves for a wee bit. With all this rain we're getting I doubt we'll have early check-ins so hopefully once all the work is done we'll get a few hours to enjoy it.

Ah, I shouldn't have even TALKED about it...first check-in got here at 11:20!!!!! So we enjoyed an entire hour and 20 minutes of empty house.
But on the bright side, the check-in is a repeat guest staying for 4 nights and is a real sweetie, she's so excited and happy to be here so we were happy to get her in and settled.

Ah, I shouldn't have even TALKED about it...first check-in got here at 11:20!!!!! So we enjoyed an entire hour and 20 minutes of empty house.
But on the bright side, the check-in is a repeat guest staying for 4 nights and is a real sweetie, she's so excited and happy to be here so we were happy to get her in and settled..
InnsiderInfo said:
But on the bright side, the check-in is a repeat guest staying for 4 nights and is a real sweetie, she's so excited and happy to be here so we were happy to get her in and settled.
I am wondering...for all who get the super early checkins - like your lady there - have any of you ever advertised an EARLY BIRD check in special? For $$ money you can check in at NOON on the day? Just wondering...maybe those early folks would see that and go "Don't want to pay $ let's wait til 3pm when the real check in begins"

But on the bright side, the check-in is a repeat guest staying for 4 nights and is a real sweetie, she's so excited and happy to be here so we were happy to get her in and settled..
InnsiderInfo said:
I am wondering...for all who get the super early checkins - like your lady there - have any of you ever advertised an EARLY BIRD check in special? For $$ money you can check in at NOON on the day? Just wondering...maybe those early folks would see that and go "Don't want to pay $ let's wait til 3pm when the real check in begins"
I was just thinking that the other day...right now my confirmation says to call and if we can do the early check-in we will. But so many of them just show up, I'm tempted to charge for it.
We have the luxury of housekeepers, and usually a solid 4-5 check-ins per day, so if they're finished with a particular room it's just easier for me to check the person in now, versus waiting for them to be late (which is what the ALWAYS do if you don't check 'em in early).
This lady called and did NOT just show up on the front door which I really appreciate.
Jo, did your weekend fill in? Hope so!

InnsiderInfo said:
I was just thinking that the other day...right now my confirmation says to call and if we can do the early check-in we will. But so many of them just show up, I'm tempted to charge for it.
We have the luxury of housekeepers, and usually a solid 4-5 check-ins per day, so if they're finished with a particular room it's just easier for me to check the person in now, versus waiting for them to be late (which is what the ALWAYS do if you don't check 'em in early).
This lady called and did NOT just show up on the front door which I really appreciate.
Jo, did your weekend fill in? Hope so!
No it didn't fill in. Strange weekend in October for us. We have guests for the next two weeks continual but this weekend only 5 room nights booked. I have a last minute special for this weekend as well to try to fill in some gaps. It is what it is...
shades_smile.gif

Back