Cheers!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Draper

Reaction score
Wishing everyone a Happy Memorial Day Weekend and hopefully a busy and prosperous summer.
We have all rooms checking in late tonight so are imbibing in a few cocktails while we wait. It's worth it for the 3-night minimum stay, we will get to escape for a few hours on Sunday afternoon.
Have a great weekend everyone!
cheers.gif

Cheers!
Nice you got 3 night mins! I've still got openings because I stuck to the 2 night min so long.
However, cocktails sound good...I'm off to mix up some sangria!

Cheers!
Nice you got 3 night mins! I've still got openings because I stuck to the 2 night min so long.
However, cocktails sound good...I'm off to mix up some sangria!.
Thank you Bree! I truly hope this weekend is the spark that will set off your busy season for you. But even if it's not, I know you will survive and stay productive while you do it. Did you ever find any good shade flower perennials that you were looking for?
This is the first year we put the 3 night minimum on for Memorial Day and Labor Day. I'm relieved that it sold, but it was a good weekend to try it...aside from our normal heritage type tourists, there is a MASSIVE grade school and high school soccer tournament being hosted here over the next 3 days, and you can walk to it from where we are...yay!
Sangria sounds YUM! Enjoy.

I will bury this in this thread...
We were supposed to have all our rooms booked for a wedding party and a few guests. The bride canceled our rooms within our cancellation policy, then had me hold them again recently, then backed out. They are all at another larger inn nearby. I'm not sure exactly what happened (the other inn may have pulled them from me) but initially I was steamed about it since this is a holiday weekend and I could have sold the rooms a couple of times over. Fortunately, when she re-booked she didn't need a few of our rooms and they are booked thru tonight.
All things happen for a reason...
I got a $40 tip from one room that checked out today and I thoroughly enjoyed them and their son who celebrated a special occasion. I was able to be a shoulder for a repeat guest going through a rough time. And, I'm able to leave tomorrow to go to a special family event since everyone else is leaving tomorrow.
Serendipity and karma....or whatever you want to call it :)
Happy Memorial Day Weekend - our flag has been flying on our porch and will continue to fly!

Cheers!
Thank you Bree! I truly hope this weekend is the spark that will set off your busy season for you. But even if it's not, I know you will survive and stay productive while you do it. Did you ever find any good shade flower perennials that you were looking for?
This is the first year we put the 3 night minimum on for Memorial Day and Labor Day. I'm relieved that it sold, but it was a good weekend to try it...aside from our normal heritage type tourists, there is a MASSIVE grade school and high school soccer tournament being hosted here over the next 3 days, and you can walk to it from where we are...yay!
I have found a perennial but do not know the name! Once I buy it and plant it I'll take pix. It doesn't flower but the new growth leaves are lime green so it looks like it is flowering. It's good in the shade because it stands out and it doesn't spread.

Cheers!
I have found a perennial but do not know the name! Once I buy it and plant it I'll take pix. It doesn't flower but the new growth leaves are lime green so it looks like it is flowering. It's good in the shade because it stands out and it doesn't spread.
Can't wait to see it. I have a bed that is mostly shade and I usually put impatiens in but it's a large bed and I'm sick of the work...perennials would be better.

We were supposed to have all our rooms booked for a wedding party and a few guests. The bride canceled our rooms within our cancellation policy, then had me hold them again recently, then backed out. They are all at another larger inn nearby. I'm not sure exactly what happened (the other inn may have pulled them from me) but initially I was steamed about it since this is a holiday weekend and I could have sold the rooms a couple of times over. Fortunately, when she re-booked she didn't need a few of our rooms and they are booked thru tonight.
I got a $40 tip from one room that checked out today and I thoroughly enjoyed them and their son who celebrated a special occasion. I was able to be a shoulder for a repeat guest going through a rough time. And, I'm able to leave tomorrow to go to a special family event since everyone else is leaving tomorrow.
Happy Memorial Day Weekend - our flag has been flying on our porch and will continue to fly!.
Yes! I agree it usually works out the way it is meant to...have fun at the family event!

Happy Memorial Day Weekend - our flag has been flying on our porch and will continue to fly!.
Yea! You get family time!
I got lucky. My people came after my daighter and her friend had retired for the night (they left Chicago at midnight) and they want a 7:30 breakfast. there is no way they are going to see everything she has on her tosee/do list!! Their 7:30 breakfast gets them out so I can take my daughtrer's friend site-seeing tomorrow.

Have a great weekend everyone and remember our Vets at this time.
We are booked this weekend for a wedding - we are hosting the grooms family, very nice group. They check out Sunday so we will have Memorial Day free! (Saving my drinks for then!) Then Tuesday we fill up with a workshop retreat from an area university and when they check out another wedding group comes in for the following extended weekend.
A very good May for me...but then the summer slows things down for me.

Back