Chestnuts?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
OK, found a chestnut tree on my walk today. They are everywhere. (Another one of those 'empty house' situations.) Any recipes? They are all out of the spiny shells already. I just need to bring a bag and scoop them up.

Cool beans! Roast them!
Edited to add, we used to do it in the fireplace in a fireplce popcorn popper!

Cool beans! Roast them!
Edited to add, we used to do it in the fireplace in a fireplce popcorn popper!.
Did a little research (thank goodness) and what I found are horse chestnuts. Not edible. Unless you want to get very sick. Could explain why they are all over the place and no one else has bothered to scoop them up.

Cool beans! Roast them!
Edited to add, we used to do it in the fireplace in a fireplce popcorn popper!.
Did a little research (thank goodness) and what I found are horse chestnuts. Not edible. Unless you want to get very sick. Could explain why they are all over the place and no one else has bothered to scoop them up.
oops ... that's too bad. wasn't there some kind of disease that attacked the maine chestnut trees recently?
anyway, i don't think i've actually eaten a chestnut before. but love the song ... and the idea ... of roasting them!

I was going to mention that as there was a blight on American chestnuts, altho they are beginning to grow again, which is why American Chestnut furniture is so valuable.

Chestnut puree! The French use it on everything from main dishes to desert, esp around the holidays! Lots of recipes on the internet
chef.gif

Horse chestnuts are almost the same as buckeyes.
And you know what a buckeye is, right? A worthless nut!
wink_smile.gif

=)
Kk.

Back