Chiropractic

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Off topic
Have any of you been helped with neck problems via chiropractic care? Won't go into all the details, but a month into it I am feeling worse, more headaches, pinched nerve in my neck. Pouring money into this chiro and need to make a command decision on whether or not to continue.
Your experience and advice please.

There are two sides to every coin. I have not had good experiences with a chiro, but I have a friend who's migraines have been eliminated due to her visits to the chiro. Maybe you just need a better chiro.
Have you only been to the one? Did they take x-rays? The one that I had been to was more of a quack than anything else. He was trying to get me to buy into some herbal meds and the like. I remember him telling me that I had to do both the meds and his services in order for it to work. He didn't take an x-ray. Just "knew" where I hurt. So, I quit going.
Friend of mine LOVES going and has been helped enormously by it.
Sorry, I can't help more

I would not go to that one again. I actually took a friend to a hospital after going to a chiro. An adjustment actually cracked a vertebra. On the other hand, many I know swear by their chiro. One GF is married to a very good one. I would check them out carefully.

My City Manager goes to her chiro often as needed for back problems. My only experience with a chiro I was in such back pain even I could stand it and could not get to an ortho for 3 weeks. So went to chiro. One week of daily visits and I felt a lot better. The weekend came - no visit to chiro and by Monday I felt like I had before so said screw this and never went back. I know a lot of people who swear by their chiro. I prefer a nice deep tissue massage!
Try a different chiro - as with anything else, they are not all the same. You know how it is, some innkeepers (like us) are great and some are a lot less than perfect...

From my days growing up on the family farm I have had back issues for 30+ years. I always got relief with chiropractic care until about 10 years ago. It just quit working. Now I find relief with regularly scheduled massage therapy and acupuncture for the bad flare up times.

Having just returned from my newest chiro a few minutes ago....I always vote yes for Chiro. However, if you aren't experiencing any relief from your current one you may have to try another. I went to the same "wonderful" man for almost 10 years...but the past few months he was not helping...more hurting...so I finally cried to him one day that we needed to talk.....I wasn't feeling any better.... I had to try someone else.
To my surprise, he was totally ok with it. He said he just wanted me to feel better and if someone else could do that...go ahead. I miss him alot...no one cared for me the way he did....I still keep in touch as we are friends.
But my new chiro is totally different....no hurting...I wondered at first...but after 2 months...things are actually starting to improve...that is ...if I stay off this darn computer!!!!!
I also do acupuncture and massage weekly.

my dad and sister swear by their chiro's but I have neck trouble and I have had acupuncture and massage for it and I think the deep tissue massage was the most effective. Think it depends what is causing the pain mine is too tight muscles to loosening them works but if your disks are misaligned it is probably and chiro or ostiopath you need.

JB, having had some real permanent damage done to my vertebrae by a chiropractor, you'd think I would not think they were a good idea at all.
But I think it really depends on the chiropractor. There are chiropractors who practice a very gentle method of adjustment that largely uses gravity rather than force. Those are very very good.
The trick is to find a good one. For that, you need a good referral and a willingness to ask them questions about their practice.
A good chiropractor can, IMHO, work miracles with neck pain. A bad one, OTOH, can make matters a lot worse.

Years ago I had a severe neck injury from a car accident. I went through every treatment imaginable and nothing seemed to help. I then found this book and it was the first time I found some relief.
As far as chiropractics go, I did find a good one many years after the accident, but hated how she pushed the suppliments. In the beginning of my treatments I took the suppliments because I really needed relief from the pain and wanted to give them the benifit of the doubt, but I stopped taking them shortly after and didn't notice any difference.

Years ago I had a severe neck injury from a car accident. I went through every treatment imaginable and nothing seemed to help. I then found this book and it was the first time I found some relief.
As far as chiropractics go, I did find a good one many years after the accident, but hated how she pushed the suppliments. In the beginning of my treatments I took the suppliments because I really needed relief from the pain and wanted to give them the benifit of the doubt, but I stopped taking them shortly after and didn't notice any difference..
Breakfast Diva said:
I then found this book and it was the first time I found some relief.
When I first went to my chiropractor several years ago after severe muscle spasms in my back put me in the ER, he gave me that same book oriented towards your back. I was extremely nervous about chiropracty, and he had me to his office for about two weeks to do exercises and stretches before he laid a hand on me for an adjustment. He also treats me as a fellow business owner, with low-cost appointment fees and he often does a no-charge treatment if I need to see him. I have really gotten very good care but I do think you have to get referrals from people you trust and make sure you yourself are comfortable, just like with any doctor.
While my doctor and his family use a lot of supplements and natural foods themselves (his wife has myasthenia gravis) he has never once suggested that I buy any, although he has some for sale in his office. Sadly, I have seen MDs who have treated me with less concern and care for a lot more money.

Thanks everyone.
This is a sports medicine doctor as well. I am listening to all your words carefully here.

I saw a chiropractor about 15 years ago, and he was immensely helpful. My problem was debilitating, but like gillumhouse, I couldn't even get an appointment with a medical doctor for 6 weeks(!!!). I went to a very highly reputed chiropractor who was helpful. When I finally got into see the surgeon, I was informed that their first line of treatment for my condition was...to refer people to the very chiropractor I had been seeing. Only if his treatment was unsuccesful did their practice consider surgical treatment.
That said, I heard through the grapevine that if a potential patient walked through the same chiropractor's door and request to get his "back cracked" or some such thing, the staff was instructed to immediately refer the person to another chiropractor. (I always thought that the other chiropractor must have either loved or hated this guy - imagine always referring DNBAs to the same place).
For our regular health care, we see an osteopathic physician. D.O.'s (Doctors of Osteopathy) are physicians who study both "medical" medicine and chiropractic.

Thanks everyone.
This is a sports medicine doctor as well. I am listening to all your words carefully here..
my dad and sister swear by their chiro's but I have neck trouble and I have had acupuncture and massage for it and I think the deep tissue massage was the most effective. Think it depends what is causing the pain mine is too tight muscles to loosening them works but if your disks are misaligned it is probably and chiro or ostiopath you need.I agree - it depends on what is causing the pain. Chiro's help best with vertabrae alignment and pain associated with that, and from my research they are now more regulated than years ago and are unable to do some of the more heavy duty type treatments that were done years ago. Both my DD and DH went to one several years ago for treatment. Our DD have some minor improvement while my DH is suffering more since the visits.
Since then, both have been through pressure point massage therapy with good success and DH and I both have acupuncture every 6-8 months. I would highly recommend trying acupuncture for any pain (or ailment) that is not related to bone missalignment. I have never felt better and feel they are more in tune with my body than any other medical professional I have ever gone to. JB, if you have any personal questions, feel free to contact me via email.

Thanks everyone.
This is a sports medicine doctor as well. I am listening to all your words carefully here..
my dad and sister swear by their chiro's but I have neck trouble and I have had acupuncture and massage for it and I think the deep tissue massage was the most effective. Think it depends what is causing the pain mine is too tight muscles to loosening them works but if your disks are misaligned it is probably and chiro or ostiopath you need.I agree - it depends on what is causing the pain. Chiro's help best with vertabrae alignment and pain associated with that, and from my research they are now more regulated than years ago and are unable to do some of the more heavy duty type treatments that were done years ago. Both my DD and DH went to one several years ago for treatment. Our DD have some minor improvement while my DH is suffering more since the visits.
Since then, both have been through pressure point massage therapy with good success and DH and I both have acupuncture every 6-8 months. I would highly recommend trying acupuncture for any pain (or ailment) that is not related to bone missalignment. I have never felt better and feel they are more in tune with my body than any other medical professional I have ever gone to. JB, if you have any personal questions, feel free to contact me via email.
copperhead said:
I would highly recommend trying acupuncture for any pain (or ailment) that is not related to bone missalignment. I have never felt better and feel they are more in tune with my body than any other medical professional I have ever gone to.
I have gotten amazing results from acupuncture as well. I personally would highly recommend giving it a try.

I don't have neck problems but have bad curviture of the spine - my spine is shaped like a question mark.
My mother had the same thing and doctors put the fear of God into her as far as using a chiropractor. But my back got bad and I didn't want to do surgery so went to one here that was highly recommended.
The first thing he did was take an xray and then have me stand on a machine that told me how I walked on my feet.
Before I went to him when I "pulled" my back I had to crawl around for a couple of days. Now when I feel it coming on I go in and he has me on my feet right away. I went to him I think twice a month for six months and now I just see him four times a year unless I feel pain.
It works for me!!!
Riki

For some it works....others...well......
I was in a car accident 20 some odd years ago.....physical therapy for 4 months on my neck......2 months in, there was no improvement. In fact there were other problems as a result......I just stopped going to therapy and the sports medicine doctor......within 2 weeks......any and all discomfort went away on it's own......full range of motion returned......
Today all I have as a result..........is a some what numb front of my right thigh

Hey y'all
some of you may want to try serrapeptase.
I threw all my other painkillers in the garbage.

Back