Chiropractor for neck that won't turn

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
Can any innkeeper recommend going to a chiropractor?
I can barely turn my blasted neck and have a giant knot. Deep tissue massage or chiropractor?

i'm scared of chiropractors, have never gone. have friends who believe in them totally. i'd go for the massage but, then again, i've never had one of those either. big help, huh?
how about a hot shower, followed by a heating pad and aspirin?
hope you feel better!!

I was always scared of chiropractors but when I experienced severe spasms in my back about three years ago I finally went to one that several people in town recommended. I have been going ever since, and it has definitely helped. Because I was so nervous, he saw me about 6 times and gave me exercises to do before he touched me to do an adjustment. You might want a massage for immediate relief but the chiro for ongoing help.

I have gone to chiropractors for 40 years and wouldn't be without one!!! IN fact, I jsut got back from a visit today. I go every 2 weeks...and I need it from sitting at this computer. Massage feels great.but if it is out of place..it won't put it back. Don't be in pain. GO.

I was always scared of chiropractors but when I experienced severe spasms in my back about three years ago I finally went to one that several people in town recommended. I have been going ever since, and it has definitely helped. Because I was so nervous, he saw me about 6 times and gave me exercises to do before he touched me to do an adjustment. You might want a massage for immediate relief but the chiro for ongoing help..
I have curviture of the spine. It's shaped like a question mark instead of straight.
When I used to pull it the doctors would give me pain killers and tell me all I could do was lie on the floor until it fell back into place or surgery. I struggled with this for years until I went to a chiropracter RECEOMMENDED by a friend who has gone to this fellow for over 20 years (only once a year unless she had a problem).
Now when I pull my back he has me back on my feet that same day. He says it's too bad I didn't go sooner as my back would be in better shape. It is a holistic appoach.
Just like a doctor, I would find one that has been in practice in your area for a long time with good referrals, and go RIGHT AWAY. This doctor has helped three of us here in my office and we all swear by him. It's such a relief.
RIki

NB - My chiro took an X ray before he touched me. A massage might make what's bad worse.
And my health insurance covers him too.
Riki

i'm scared of chiropractors, have never gone. have friends who believe in them totally. i'd go for the massage but, then again, i've never had one of those either. big help, huh?
how about a hot shower, followed by a heating pad and aspirin?
hope you feel better!!.
Our chiro tells us that when you pull something NO HEAT. You need to put and ice pack on it so it will not swell. So, see, you need to go to a doctor before you try and start doctoring yourself!!
RIki

I vote massage.
And buy a cordless headset for your telephone.
And move your mouse lower.
And drive less, hunch less, change your posture.
Mine is getting better now...
=)
Kk.

If you're considering a chiropractor, try to find one that works with orthopedic surgeons and neurosurgeons. Hate to say it, but there are some D.C. that do not have that much medical education and all they want to do is "adjustments". Has to be done holistically, imnsvho.

If you're considering a chiropractor, try to find one that works with orthopedic surgeons and neurosurgeons. Hate to say it, but there are some D.C. that do not have that much medical education and all they want to do is "adjustments". Has to be done holistically, imnsvho..
Samster said:
If you're considering a chiropractor, try to find one that works with orthopedic surgeons and neurosurgeons. Hate to say it, but there are some D.C. that do not have that much medical education and all they want to do is "adjustments". Has to be done holistically, imnsvho.
The chiropractor I am considering is part of the sports medicine clinic where we have our family doctor.

If you're considering a chiropractor, try to find one that works with orthopedic surgeons and neurosurgeons. Hate to say it, but there are some D.C. that do not have that much medical education and all they want to do is "adjustments". Has to be done holistically, imnsvho..
Samster said:
The chiropractor I am considering is part of the sports medicine clinic where we have our family doctor.
I always knew that you were smarter than me!
teeth_smile.gif

Samster said:
teeth_smile.gif

Samster said:
teeth_smile.gif
YOU talkin' to me? The one sitting here with her neck cramped up.

Samster said:
The sports guys are good - I went to a sports rehab place after I broke my ankle several years ago. All around me were people training for the Boston Marathon and I was just hoping to walk without limping after three months in a cast. Sports rehab goes for functionality, not prettiness.

Back