Chocolate Covered Strawberries

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Proud Texan

Reaction score
I know some of you provide chocolate-covered strawberries in your guest rooms on special occasions. What if any problems have you encountered with them? Does chocolate readily wash out of bed linens?
We are attempting to put together a romance package, but keep running into a brick wall because everything we think of has the potential to create another mess or oily stain that can't be removed. I'm concerned that my fear of damaged linens may be irrational.

We do chocolate strawberries and have not yet had any problems. But there is always a first time... it could be that they are nice and solid as I put them in the rooms's wine fridge. So, when they take them out to eat the chocolate is good and firm.
Riki

We never had any problems either. My problem came serving strawberries with choc. fondue...that got dripped on my white bathrobes...but...it came out in the wash:)

I had them when we went away for my birthday and what they did as I questioned the staff was that they made them in advance and kept them in the fridge and whipped them out at a signal from reception so they were cold and hard when you got them (or if you have a mini fridge) another option I saw and quite fancied is you can dip pretty much anything in chocolate ie apple slices etc so you could do a selection of fruit to be a bit different. I would like to do the same thing and offer a chilled bottle of wine but we don't have an alcohol liscence and it would cost about $700 a year so isn't worth it for the amount we would sell
cry_smile.gif

Chocolate dipped strawberries were very popular here. They were left in the room on a couple of different serving dishes with glass domes just prior to check-in and were very cold. Several of our rooms had fridges.
I did dark chocolate, milk chocolate, white chocolate, and combos of white/dark chocolate.
I had a couple of instances of chocolate on linens from them or brownies, but it always came out. Go for it! It's a great addition to your bottom line & guests love them.

Back