Choose your path

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Innspiration for innkeepers today:
One Hike – Choosing Your Path[/h2]
Scenario #1 – You play it safe, go along with the program, don’t make mistakes, look good. 35 years elapse and you made it – perfectly normal.
Scenario #2 – You go for it. You mess it up, you learn. It happens again; highs and lows – a real adventure. You build on successes. 35 years elapse and you have done more, experienced more, lived more, and can help more people now – and add to the collection of people you helped to be successful in the first place.
"Gotta be in it to win it!"

I think scenario 2, if I am to believe my old friends who generally say, 'You did what?' when we get together. None of them can believe we undertook this inn.

This is why I am going to do Groupon. I won't distract this discussion here, but I am going to do it. Our area is about to be launched, and it makes no sense at all to do groupon as a B&B in all logical thinking, but I have signed up to do it. "you have done more, experienced more, lived more, and can help more people now – "
I just want to break free...I know that sounds odd, but some times I feel stifled by the old way of thinking from majority of innkeepers. I want to emerge on my own path (I won't say blaze a trail, as all good hikers know you aren't allowed to do that anymore, have to protect the areas and not trample them off the trail!)
confused_smile.gif

Remember y'all - Only dead fish go with the flow...

This is why I am going to do Groupon. I won't distract this discussion here, but I am going to do it. Our area is about to be launched, and it makes no sense at all to do groupon as a B&B in all logical thinking, but I have signed up to do it. "you have done more, experienced more, lived more, and can help more people now – "
I just want to break free...I know that sounds odd, but some times I feel stifled by the old way of thinking from majority of innkeepers. I want to emerge on my own path (I won't say blaze a trail, as all good hikers know you aren't allowed to do that anymore, have to protect the areas and not trample them off the trail!)
confused_smile.gif

Remember y'all - Only dead fish go with the flow....
Joey Bloggs said:
confused_smile.gif

Remember y'all - Only dead fish go with the flow...
That's they way I always operated. How the heck do you know if something works until you try it?????? And there is always benefit to being one of the first.......

I believe I've said it b4, but I'll say it again - "be that yellow tulip in the sea of red" Dare to be different, stand out from the rest!

confused_smile.gif

Remember y'all - Only dead fish go with the flow....
And why I gave the radio advertising a try... gotta give it a try to know if it will work for you or not. We even gave it 2 test trys. Now we know that at least in our region, radio does not work for our business.
An area B&B recently did a Groupon ad and sold 107 of them!!!
I say give it a go... There will always be possitive and negative sides to these type of advertising... As long as the negative does not outway the possitive in your thinking, what's the harm. I sure hope it works for you.
Just had this conversation with DH and he said "I see this everywhere on the internet, just didn't know what it was" Well it must be working as they are sending me daily emails with great specials... just gotta act fast.

I completely agree with all the answers-why not give it a try? I know for a fact that if I did not go for the experience of owning and operating my B & B even if it didn't work out the way I intended it to work out-I LEARNED ALOT and would not be in this job -that I love- if I did not take that "chance" that sometimes only comes once in a lifetime-go fort it!
Thinking outside the box is hard-but sometimes you gotta do what your gut tells you and if it doesnt work at least you gave it a try-and then as the movie "Finding Nemo" "you just gotta keep on swimmin..."

Back