Christmas Gift Idea

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Today after finding another item left behind in a guest room I decided that I should save myself some money and start regifting these things! The perfect innkeeper gift giving list - items left behind...

Joey Bloggs said:
Today after finding another item left behind in a guest room I decided that I should save myself some money and start regifting these things! The perfect innkeeper gift giving list - items left behind...
The best gifts would be those things the guests think they've left here. A Blackberry, iPod, diamond earrings.

Last week I was asked if I found a garnet ring - they had been all over hell's half acre with a funeral. No I did not find it.
However, last Monday I gave a really nice biker rain jacket to one of our Councilmen. It has been here over a year with no one asking about it. Too small for me....

Exchange of gifts is one of the key aspects of the modern Christmas celebration, Merry Christmas Wishes in the most profitable year for retailers and businesses around the world. Giving gifts was common in the Roman festival Saturnalia, the ancient festival, which took place in late December, and may have contributed to the customs of Christmas. Xmas Wishes

Jill......also those items left here,they never ask for me to mail their toys to them
wink_smile.gif
wounder why ?

I asked a guest to drop off a left item at the counter of the airline they were flying. They were too harried and felt put upon, so I mailed it, instead. Well, they left something themselves and now feel too embarrassed to ask me to mail it.

I get packages in the mail from my guests - the keys that traveled with them. the latest was my Vet from Maryland who called very embarrassed about it. I told him just put them in the mail - my keys travel more than I do. He included a lovely note thanking us for their stay with a PS hoping I get to travel as much as my keys do.
That was sweet.

These are some great ideas. This year I haven't spent much but I still managed to get good gifts. I always try to tell people to spread out their shopping but I guess it's not as fun to some at new year wishes.

Back