christmas pics

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is just lovely! I'm exhausted just thinking about how much work that is, but the results are so beautiful, and work so well with your house, that the effort is worth it. I'm sure your guests will be thrilled, and I can see why you would want to keep the decorations up as long as possible.

That is just lovely! I'm exhausted just thinking about how much work that is, but the results are so beautiful, and work so well with your house, that the effort is worth it. I'm sure your guests will be thrilled, and I can see why you would want to keep the decorations up as long as possible..
IronGate said:
That is just lovely! I'm exhausted just thinking about how much work that is, but the results are so beautiful, and work so well with your house, that the effort is worth it. I'm sure your guests will be thrilled, and I can see why you would want to keep the decorations up as long as possible.
thanks so much!

How do you attach the garland to the banister on the stairs? Do you find guests get tangled up in it? (My problem...they catch their hands in the garland and knock bits of it off.)

Absolutely love your decor. The colors are wonderful. It's really a beautiful house and you've made it sing,

How do you attach the garland to the banister on the stairs? Do you find guests get tangled up in it? (My problem...they catch their hands in the garland and knock bits of it off.).
Bree said:
How do you attach the garland to the banister on the stairs? Do you find guests get tangled up in it? (My problem...they catch their hands in the garland and knock bits of it off.)
I attach the garland with florist wire. I place the garland on the outside of the rail and use the florist wire to hold it in place. I only go over the top of the wrail about every three or four feet. I also attach the garland aroudn the posts using the florist wire. that way it holds it in place a little better. I use a piece of ribbon to go over the wire on the railing to hide the wire. once every 3 or 4 feet isnt' too bad and guest can stil hold on if they need to and just lift their hand where the wire is. thats what my family does.

Absolutely love your decor. The colors are wonderful. It's really a beautiful house and you've made it sing,.
Bree said:
Absolutely love your decor. The colors are wonderful. It's really a beautiful house and you've made it sing,
thank you.thats so sweet.
I guess you can tell; I absolutely LOVE christmas.

That is just lovely! I'm exhausted just thinking about how much work that is, but the results are so beautiful, and work so well with your house, that the effort is worth it. I'm sure your guests will be thrilled, and I can see why you would want to keep the decorations up as long as possible..
IronGate said:
Thanks, it is a lot of work. takes a ton of time. But i really do enjoy it.

I can't open it. It says that the file has been moved or deleted :(

that worked! thanks! very pretty.... I love the garlands on the stairs!

How do you attach the garland to the banister on the stairs? Do you find guests get tangled up in it? (My problem...they catch their hands in the garland and knock bits of it off.).
Bree said:
I attach the garland with florist wire. I place the garland on the outside of the rail and use the florist wire to hold it in place. I only go over the top of the wrail about every three or four feet. I also attach the garland aroudn the posts using the florist wire. that way it holds it in place a little better. I use a piece of ribbon to go over the wire on the railing to hide the wire. once every 3 or 4 feet isnt' too bad and guest can stil hold on if they need to and just lift their hand where the wire is. thats what my family does.
I used to use florist wire but now use the ties that slip through and lock - got a bag of 100 at the hardware store last year. I swag the garland and put a red bow at the point and then have a single strand of white lights going up the top of the railing and around to the wall. I slip the lights under the tie before I tighten it up. I just cut them off when I take it down. Does not scratch my wood the way the wire did and is more secure.

Bree said:
I used to use florist wire but now use the ties that slip through and lock - got a bag of 100 at the hardware store last year. I swag the garland and put a red bow at the point and then have a single strand of white lights going up the top of the railing and around to the wall. I slip the lights under the tie before I tighten it up. I just cut them off when I take it down. Does not scratch my wood the way the wire did and is more secure.
gillumhouse said:
Great idea! I have not had the florist wire scratch... yet.. but it is something i have worried about. Now I wont have to. I'll be sure to pick me up a bag of zip ties (I think thats what their called).
Thanks for sharing.

my favorite is the closeup of the fireplace with the lights lit.
thumbs_up.gif

Bree said:
gillumhouse said:
Great idea! I have not had the florist wire scratch... yet.. but it is something i have worried about. Now I wont have to. I'll be sure to pick me up a bag of zip ties (I think thats what their called).
Thanks for sharing.
They come in black and in white

Is it Christmas already? I must have slept through Thanksgiving. I guess I was just confused because Walmart started selling Christmas stuff back in July.
confused_smile.gif

The season doesn't start until AFTER Thanksgiving! It just keeps starting earlier and earlier, and you know what? It takes all of the special out of it. Bah Humbug!

Is it Christmas already? I must have slept through Thanksgiving. I guess I was just confused because Walmart started selling Christmas stuff back in July.
confused_smile.gif

The season doesn't start until AFTER Thanksgiving! It just keeps starting earlier and earlier, and you know what? It takes all of the special out of it. Bah Humbug!.
pt, why am i not suprised by your reply?
wink_smile.gif
it's way early for christmas decor, but no harm in sharing pictures. i am assuming the pics are from last year?
years ago i worked in a clothing store that subscribed to muzac ... and starting the third week of november the christmas music played. all kinds of christmas music. reggae christmas music, old tyme christmas music, harmonica christmas music, young voices singing christmas music, choirs singing christmas music, instrumental christmas music, sleigh bells in the background of each song christmas music, dog barking and cat meowing christmas music! 20 songs of each style, each set played from start to finish with no variety, cycling over and over again ... my least favorite was what they called hawaiian christmas music ... every song was ukulele ... ukulele jingle bells, ukulele the christmas song, ukulele we wish you a merry christmas, ukulele here comes santa claus. a week before dec. 25 i was ready to bash the speakers in the store!

Back