christmas pics

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it Christmas already? I must have slept through Thanksgiving. I guess I was just confused because Walmart started selling Christmas stuff back in July.
confused_smile.gif

The season doesn't start until AFTER Thanksgiving! It just keeps starting earlier and earlier, and you know what? It takes all of the special out of it. Bah Humbug!.
Proud Texan said:
Is it Christmas already? I must have slept through Thanksgiving. I guess I was just confused because Walmart started selling Christmas stuff back in July.
confused_smile.gif

The season doesn't start until AFTER Thanksgiving! It just keeps starting earlier and earlier, and you know what? It takes all of the special out of it. Bah Humbug!
You're so funny :) you opened the thread..
its ok. The pics are from last Christmas. I had asked on another thread when you all start to decorate for Christmas because it always takes me so long to do it and it has to be completed before the 1st of Dec, for our home tour. someone suggested that we post pics of our decorations. I thought it would be fun to share what I did last year, and so folks would get an idea of 'why' it takes me so long.
so HAPPY THANKSGIVING,,,, and MERRY Christmas... :)

confused_smile.gif

The season doesn't start until AFTER Thanksgiving! It just keeps starting earlier and earlier, and you know what? It takes all of the special out of it. Bah Humbug!.
pt, why am i not suprised by your reply?
wink_smile.gif
it's way early for christmas decor, but no harm in sharing pictures. i am assuming the pics are from last year?
years ago i worked in a clothing store that subscribed to muzac ... and starting the third week of november the christmas music played. all kinds of christmas music. reggae christmas music, old tyme christmas music, harmonica christmas music, young voices singing christmas music, choirs singing christmas music, instrumental christmas music, sleigh bells in the background of each song christmas music, dog barking and cat meowing christmas music! 20 songs of each style, each set played from start to finish with no variety, cycling over and over again ... my least favorite was what they called hawaiian christmas music ... every song was ukulele ... ukulele jingle bells, ukulele the christmas song, ukulele we wish you a merry christmas, ukulele here comes santa claus. a week before dec. 25 i was ready to bash the speakers in the store!
seashanty said:
pt, why am i not suprised by your reply?
wink_smile.gif
it's way early for christmas decor, but no harm in sharing pictures. i am assuming the pics are from last year?
years ago i worked in a clothing store that subscribed to muzac ... and starting the third week of november the christmas music played. all kinds of christmas music. reggae christmas music, old tyme christmas music, harmonica christmas music, young voices singing christmas music, choirs singing christmas music, instrumental christmas music, sleigh bells in the background of each song christmas music, dog barking and cat meowing christmas music! 20 songs of each style, each set played from start to finish with no variety, cycling over and over again ... my least favorite was what they called hawaiian christmas music ... every song was ukulele ... ukulele jingle bells, ukulele the christmas song, ukulele we wish you a merry christmas, ukulele here comes santa claus. a week before dec. 25 i was ready to bash the speakers in the store!
Yep, last year.
But I have started to play Christmas music too..... (keep reading).... I picked up the clarinet after 30 years of not playing and was surprised that i could still play! Ha! kinda.... couldn't remember how to read music! SO, I have been practicing CHRISTMAS music so that by Christmas I will be able to play it decently and my family won't chringe! yah, i practice when they aren't home right now. :) But I am so pleased by how quickly its coming back.
This is my challenge to all of you... if you have ever played an instrument (and I know several of you did because of a previous thread when i shared that I had started playing again), pick it back up! It is a great stress reducer and very soothing. I love it. And since I can't work in the garden now until spring this is great therapy!

Absolutely love your decor. The colors are wonderful. It's really a beautiful house and you've made it sing,.
Bree said:
Absolutely love your decor. The colors are wonderful. It's really a beautiful house and you've made it sing,
thank you.thats so sweet.
I guess you can tell; I absolutely LOVE christmas.
That is exactly how I imagine your place would look back in it's day. You are a wonder with the decorations. You have a great eye for it.
Great job!!!
cheers.gif

Absolutely love your decor. The colors are wonderful. It's really a beautiful house and you've made it sing,.
Bree said:
Absolutely love your decor. The colors are wonderful. It's really a beautiful house and you've made it sing,
thank you.thats so sweet.
I guess you can tell; I absolutely LOVE christmas.
That is exactly how I imagine your place would look back in it's day. You are a wonder with the decorations. You have a great eye for it.
Great job!!!
cheers.gif

penelope said:
Great job!!!
cheers.gif
awe, Thank you. I wish I had pictures of how it looked back in its 'glory days' right after it was built. Oh well. I do have a letter from President James Monroe signing over the property to the very first owner in 1824. Thats pretty neat.

This is just so wonderful......
I can imagine a nice slow snowfall, sitting in front of the fireplace with a cup of hot cocoa.....ok, back to eality...
Interested in giving "Decoration" Classes?????
wink_smile.gif

I can imagine a nice slow snowfall, sitting in front of the fireplace with a cup of hot cocoa.....ok, back to eality...
wink_smile.gif
Mooseberry Inn said:
wink_smile.gif
I would absolutely love to give decorating lessons! I'd love to come help ya do it. I really do love to decorate. I know there are people out there doing that right now for a living. I can't imagine having someone else decorate for me, but know there are those who just like to have it done and enjoy it afterwards. They would probably pay to have someone do it for them.
But for you my friends.... no charge! ;) that is if your within a few miles... :)

It's a date....
that is, when you are coming to Alaska sometime :)
As for now, maybe I just steal some ideas of your pictures...

It's a date....
As for now, maybe I just steal some ideas of your pictures....
Mooseberry Inn said:
It's a date....
As for now, maybe I just steal some ideas of your pictures...
Help your self :)
I'll remember you when I come to Alaska!

Back