Christmas Question

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the info! We plan to be open for both holidays. We're in that wierd limbo land where the kids are grown, but we have no grandkids. The kids will be home, and I think they would enjoy helping with the inn. I've had a request from a friend's mother to book rooms for her 6 adult kids and their significant others. Since she lives down the road from me, I thought it would be nice for my family to make their family a nice breakfast, and we will have ours after.
Lots of great points brought up that I hadn't thought of. Thanks for helping me think this through!.
as another point where I used to work it was 365 but on christmas day (2 day christmas eve, christmas day package) on christmas day they only did limited housekeeping ie you got a package of tea coffee mini milks etc in a little bag with your clean towels and a little note put in on christmas eve saying please put your dirty towels out for changing on christmas eve night and you will get your pack ourside your room in the morning. If you did something similar you could do your whole place in less than 30 mins depending on rooms. I wouldn't try to do a full service its christmas! plus I don't think people want it as they just want to hang out in their room and sleep in and also feel bad for making you work to. It is a compromise. I would do a 2 or 3 night minimum definately.
We have told guests that we do not clean on Christmas Day. We will feed them brekkie and tell them the two places that are open for dinner, but otherwise it's 'our day' too. Everyone has been understanding.

Back