Chutzpah!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turned out to be a lovely couple and explained about booking and the certificates. Just not well travelled. So I gave them a post card to a lovely place just 6 hours west of here... for another innkeeper on here :).
How about 10 hours south?!?
They asked about the large "American" city that's 6 hours to our west and about the innkeeper who sent me post cards for her place :)
Did they ask by name?
With card in hand.
Thanks. Send your cards with them this way .

Turned out to be a lovely couple and explained about booking and the certificates. Just not well travelled. So I gave them a post card to a lovely place just 6 hours west of here... for another innkeeper on here :).
They asked about the large "American" city that's 6 hours to our west and about the innkeeper who sent me post cards for her place :)
Did they ask by name?
With card in hand.
Don't think they meant immediately, but for their next trip. As I said, nice people but haven't travelled much... had to push them to try things.

I guess I need to send post cards... If you have any, or biz cards, you can send them here.

I guess I need to send post cards... If you have any, or biz cards, you can send them here.
Can you keep it away from the weird diet people? We don't do weird diets.

Charlie said:
Um, no. ;-) They're here this weekend, too, BTW.

Charlie said:
Um, no. ;-) They're here this weekend, too, BTW.
do you serve squid beaks? That is how my brother used to threaten his nephews when they got mischievous...

Did they ask by name?
With card in hand.
Don't think they meant immediately, but for their next trip. As I said, nice people but haven't travelled much... had to push them to try things.
That's fine- keep them coming.
teeth_smile.gif

Charlie said:
HA!

I had a long, rambling phone call today from someone who used an OTA but actually wanted a different type of room and could we handle that for them? So, you want to pay $x and get the room that costs $x+ dollars?
Not this week.

I had a long, rambling phone call today from someone who used an OTA but actually wanted a different type of room and could we handle that for them? So, you want to pay $x and get the room that costs $x+ dollars?
Not this week..
My calls about OTAs are simple calls. I'm sorry, the OTA owns the reservation. I can't modify it at all. You will have to call them directly and talk to them. There is nothing I can do, even my reservation software won't let me modify a third-party reservation.
Then when the OTA calls, if they do, that it's not possible, that it's Run-Of-House with all OTA reservations. They understand that. And they will tell the client without giving you a headache.

Not this week..
My calls about OTAs are simple calls. I'm sorry, the OTA owns the reservation. I can't modify it at all. You will have to call them directly and talk to them. There is nothing I can do, even my reservation software won't let me modify a third-party reservation.
Then when the OTA calls, if they do, that it's not possible, that it's Run-Of-House with all OTA reservations. They understand that. And they will tell the client without giving you a headache.
my policy is the same - except if they want to add an extra night - I will do that like a flash as it means I don't have to pay commission on it!

Not this week..
Morticia said:
Not this week.
Same guest needed all of this due to arriving very late and being very tired. Showed up early. Gave foreign address, lives here. Sigh.

Back