Cinderella

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
New word for the glossary...this is the guest who goes into every room and tests out every pillow until she finds the one that suits and then takes it back to her room. We have had the doors locked for about a week now and things were going great guns. Yesterday we were airing out the rooms and forgot to relock the doors once the guests checked in. Found all the pillows in all the empty rooms had been 'touched' and the one she liked ended up in her room.

Man! I don't know if I'm getting old, or never noticed before how self-absorbed the pubic has gotten!! What nerve!!!
Riki

Holy Cow! My guests must come from an entirely different planet than yours. I have never locked unoccupied guest doors, and in fact often have them open so the other guests can view them. I've never had someone use another bathroom or even sit on the bed and mess it up.
It must drive you crazy!

Holy Cow! My guests must come from an entirely different planet than yours. I have never locked unoccupied guest doors, and in fact often have them open so the other guests can view them. I've never had someone use another bathroom or even sit on the bed and mess it up.
It must drive you crazy!.
Breakfast Diva said:
It must drive you crazy!
We have not either, but I'm not waiting for my first time. We lock!
RIki

We recently had a couple that were return guests. Very nice people. After breakfast they told us that they were going to a local church for services and asked if they could leave their bags in the room and pick them up afterwards. They had purchased a quantity of wine from a local vineyard and didn't want to leave it in a hot car. (This is Texas afterall) We said fine as we were expecting no one that night, but we will be cleaning the room to make it ready for our next guests and so not to disturb anything when they reentered to claim their bags.
They return from church (2 hours after checkout) and proceed to use the already cleaned bathroom!! We had closed the door and set the vacuum in front of the door hoping maybe they would get the idea. What were they thinking?!
ETA: We immediately formed a new policy. If you leave your bags, they will be left at the main house where we can keep an eye on you.

This week I had guests that opened all the windows with the ac going. They also used the bathroom to another room that I had open. I normally keep all rooms locked. But this room is different and is open sometimes when I am working in the kitchen.

I have had guests take pillows from other beds rather than ask me for extra pillows. Last week I had guests in the shared bath rooms (saving money) and one of them had a problem while the bathroom was occupied and she asked if she could use the other bathroom - the pvt room was unoccupied. Another reason I wait to clean the bathrooms (after doing cursory check on checkout) until arrival day. I want the bathroom FRESH on arrival day.

This past week I had a guest use someone else's bathroom, intentionally!!! He knew the guest was out for the day and he went right in and made himself comfy while his wife was in their bathroom. I couldn't believe it! I had just finished cleaning the bathroom and had put down a fresh rug. When I was finished I closed the door. I walked by a few minutes later and the door was open, the lid up, and their were footprints all over the rug! That takes the cake!!

wow, bree! i think you mean goldilocks!!
testing all the pillows!! makes me wonder if this little princess tested all the beds, too.
this one is too hard
this one is too soft
this one will have to do
i mean ... it's no big deal, right? it's just 'me' after all. no problem worrying about 'me' testing the pillows, right?
why didn't she bring her own pillow from home? a number of guests do that ... no problem with that ...
not to be confused with those who take away one of your pillows and leave you theirs.

This past week I had a guest use someone else's bathroom, intentionally!!! He knew the guest was out for the day and he went right in and made himself comfy while his wife was in their bathroom. I couldn't believe it! I had just finished cleaning the bathroom and had put down a fresh rug. When I was finished I closed the door. I walked by a few minutes later and the door was open, the lid up, and their were footprints all over the rug! That takes the cake!!.
Country Girl said:
This past week I had a guest use someone else's bathroom, intentionally!!! He knew the guest was out for the day and he went right in and made himself comfy while his wife was in their bathroom. I couldn't believe it! I had just finished cleaning the bathroom and had put down a fresh rug. When I was finished I closed the door. I walked by a few minutes later and the door was open, the lid up, and their were footprints all over the rug! That takes the cake!!
wow! had this problem with the guest bathroom that was in the hall and not within the room. but a registered guest using another guest's bathroom within their room because his was occupied by his wife? speechless.
i don't suppose he'd mind if you used his bathroom while he and the mrs. are out. maybe you could take a shower in there, or a nice long bath if the bathroom has a tub ... i'm sure he wouldn't mind.

This bathroom is in a hallway and I've had a problems with guests using it before, but never when they knew a guest was staying in the room that goes with the bath.

This past week I had a guest use someone else's bathroom, intentionally!!! He knew the guest was out for the day and he went right in and made himself comfy while his wife was in their bathroom. I couldn't believe it! I had just finished cleaning the bathroom and had put down a fresh rug. When I was finished I closed the door. I walked by a few minutes later and the door was open, the lid up, and their were footprints all over the rug! That takes the cake!!.
Country Girl said:
wow! had this problem with the guest bathroom that was in the hall and not within the room. but a registered guest using another guest's bathroom within their room because his was occupied by his wife? speechless.
i don't suppose he'd mind if you used his bathroom while he and the mrs. are out. maybe you could take a shower in there, or a nice long bath if the bathroom has a tub ... i'm sure he wouldn't mind.
seashanty said:
That reminds me of the 'Still Standing" episode where they go to a B&B and the innkeeper brings them to their room & opens the door to the bathroom to her husband in the tub... The episode was a brown eye for the B&B industry but I still could not help but laugh at that.

What the????? Sorry you forgot to lock those doors!!!! I bet you won't forget now.
tounge_smile.gif

Country Girl said:
seashanty said:
That reminds me of the 'Still Standing" episode where they go to a B&B and the innkeeper brings them to their room & opens the door to the bathroom to her husband in the tub... The episode was a brown eye for the B&B industry but I still could not help but laugh at that.
LOL That was King of Queens: Inn Escapable

Country Girl said:
seashanty said:
swirt said:
first time i've seen this - it's hysterical!

Back