Cinnamon Apple Bake

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weaver

Reaction score
This is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, and can be egg free if you have a vegan. Or if your chickens stop laying and you run out of eggs, or they just get scared of the bugs like Arks'. ;-)
http://naturalnoshing.wordpress.com/2011/08/15/cinn-apple-bake/
Pretty presentation as well.
apple-buck-oat-bake.jpg

This recipe uses a lot of (for us) unconventional ingredients. Unless, you were going to create this on a daily basis OR for a large group, it's not very economical to produce. We would have trouble finding many of the ingredients in our local market or health food store. Of course, substitutions can be made and items omitted, but then it wouldn't be the same recipe.

This recipe uses a lot of (for us) unconventional ingredients. Unless, you were going to create this on a daily basis OR for a large group, it's not very economical to produce. We would have trouble finding many of the ingredients in our local market or health food store. Of course, substitutions can be made and items omitted, but then it wouldn't be the same recipe..
Proud Texan said:
This recipe uses a lot of (for us) unconventional ingredients. Unless, you were going to create this on a daily basis OR for a large group, it's not very economical to produce. We would have trouble finding many of the ingredients in our local market or health food store. Of course, substitutions can be made and items omitted, but then it wouldn't be the same recipe.
It might appear unconventional, but I live in a pretty rural area, town of 36K mennonite farming community. I was able to find every last one of these ingredients with the exception of the chia seeds (for which an equal amount of flax seed can be used) at my chain grocery store. I found the chia seeds at a local health food store. They can be stored just like flour in a cool, dry place in an air tight container.
Of course there are options but it is an interesting recipe none the less, especially for those that are seeing an increase in special diets. Wait till someone on the Paleo diet walks in your door. You will be surprised at what they will and won't eat.

Hijack alert.. Check out these photos of artistic pancakes!.
That's our next attempt at something different. Pancakes in shapes. I saw the episode where the cook did a Guy Fieri pancake and I was hooked.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/how-to/food-network-chefs-in-pancake-art/pictures/index.html

That's our next attempt at something different. Pancakes in shapes. I saw the episode where the cook did a Guy Fieri pancake and I was hooked.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/how-to/food-network-chefs-in-pancake-art/pictures/index.html
My artistic pancakes are limited to happy faces (which is probably some sort of trademark infringement since I trade pancakes for house work with the teens LOL) or the occassional Mikey Mouse or flower.
A Guy F pancake is way too much work. My youngest DD on the other hand would do it, she is an accomplished artist and a great cook, she does not believe in recipes, she wings it everytime.

My artistic pancakes are limited to happy faces (which is probably some sort of trademark infringement since I trade pancakes for house work with the teens LOL) or the occassional Mikey Mouse or flower.
A Guy F pancake is way too much work. My youngest DD on the other hand would do it, she is an accomplished artist and a great cook, she does not believe in recipes, she wings it everytime.
We're pretty simple here...hearts, trees, that sort of thing.
I decorate pancakes now if we're serving to kids. Altho, a few weeks ago, we did have a kid after my own heart- nothing on the pancake, nothing in the pancake, nekkid pancakes that's all he wanted. A purist.

I decorate pancakes now if we're serving to kids. Altho, a few weeks ago, we did have a kid after my own heart- nothing on the pancake, nothing in the pancake, nekkid pancakes that's all he wanted. A purist.
Madeleine said:
Did you have my DS?
Same way, nekkid through and through, although he will do the oddest thing at times, peanut butter and powdered sugar.
He does his burgers nekkid too. Give him meat and carbs he is a happy camper!!!!!

Back