Cinnamon Roll Pancakes

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
cinnamon roll pancakes[/h2]
and so there is a whole recipe here, but if it were me, and I were making this, I would get one of those camping type ketchup or mustard bottles and squeeze this cinnamin mixture into the batter I just poured on the griddle. I know it WOULD bake in, just like adding blueberries or walnuts into the mix does.
these kind, but cut the tip a bit more for better squeezing
112KM.jpg

OMG....how rich would those be. At the HI we stayed at they now have an automatic pancake maker :) No messy waffle machines in that place. Of course I saw one guy hit the button about 6 times thinking the pancakes would just come rolling out...not...you have to wait for them to bake. It was kind of fun. NOthing great..but different.

I made them this morning...they are very good. The only thing I did differently is that I used my own pancake recipe (an oatmeal/brown sugar recipe) instead of hers.
Yes, they are VERY rich- but absolutely delicious. Be sure to give the first side a minute or so of time on the griddle before you pipe the topping on. Otherwise, you'd have a goopy mess.
It's a keeper!

I made them this morning...they are very good. The only thing I did differently is that I used my own pancake recipe (an oatmeal/brown sugar recipe) instead of hers.
Yes, they are VERY rich- but absolutely delicious. Be sure to give the first side a minute or so of time on the griddle before you pipe the topping on. Otherwise, you'd have a goopy mess.
It's a keeper!.
Penelope said:
It's a keeper!
Awesome!
There are people who love super sweet cinnamon rolls, the malls are proof of that, they sell those cinnabun things like crazy for decades now. Good advice, let them sit a minute before adding, I will remember that. I bet we/you could take this same idea and make diff variations, using different syrups (in the right consistency) like Kiwi fruit, raspberry, etc.
chef.gif

It's a keeper!.
Penelope said:
It's a keeper!
Awesome!
There are people who love super sweet cinnamon rolls, the malls are proof of that, they sell those cinnabun things like crazy for decades now. Good advice, let them sit a minute before adding, I will remember that. I bet we/you could take this same idea and make diff variations, using different syrups (in the right consistency) like Kiwi fruit, raspberry, etc.
chef.gif

I think Tipsy has stock in the condiment container company! She uses these to do wonderful, flavorful decorations on the plates.

I tried this recipe and I use a Lukue decopen for the cinnamon (which I prefer because not only can you clean it, but it's silicone, so no heat problems if you want to use something hot.)
In any case, I think there is a problem with the cinnamon swirl in this recipe, so I'm going to have to work on it. As they suggest the swirl part is butter, sugar and cinnamon. But the butter has a tendency to seperate, so I'm thinking that maybe it might be better to add something like xanthan gum to get it to keep together. Or maybe less sugar or icing sugar. I'm going to have to test this a bit more.
I found the icing too sweet, so I'm going to have to work on this as well. Maybe I will try to develop a more syrup like concoction.
As it sits, the recipe does candy the cinnamon nicely and with a thinner and better cinnamon, would work well.

I tried this recipe and I use a Lukue decopen for the cinnamon (which I prefer because not only can you clean it, but it's silicone, so no heat problems if you want to use something hot.)
In any case, I think there is a problem with the cinnamon swirl in this recipe, so I'm going to have to work on it. As they suggest the swirl part is butter, sugar and cinnamon. But the butter has a tendency to seperate, so I'm thinking that maybe it might be better to add something like xanthan gum to get it to keep together. Or maybe less sugar or icing sugar. I'm going to have to test this a bit more.
I found the icing too sweet, so I'm going to have to work on this as well. Maybe I will try to develop a more syrup like concoction.
As it sits, the recipe does candy the cinnamon nicely and with a thinner and better cinnamon, would work well..
Try not to heat the butter too much when making the cinnamon mixture. If it starts to turn to ghee, the cooked milk solids won't bind with the brown sugar. Try creaming sugar with soft butter and heating just enough to allow it to squeeze out.
And the filling does leak out after the cake is flipped, so cook cooler and wipe down griddle between batches.
Did icing with half the butter.
Everybody liked them this morning, even though some were less than picture perfect ... I think I'll add the in-cake cinnamon swirl as a standard for breakfast as I can do some pancakes with cinnamon and some without.
and, thank you JB for posting.

These are awesome! Made them this morning for my family and a houseguest. I followed the tips from Tom ... creamed the butter, etc., for the cinnamon swirl, heated it just to the point of being able to be piped, and made the icing with half the butter. (Since I didn't have block cream cheese, I used about 1/3 cup of whipped.) They had just the right crisp and just the right fluff. Thank you so much for posting this one!

Back