Clairborn House - Am I the first to notice this?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

egoodell

Reaction score
You're in this news press release!
  • NEWS
    May 13, 2009
    Virginia Tourism Industry Surpasses Green Businesses Goal
    -Sixty tourism businesses across Virginia go green in April to answer Governor’s challenge-
    RICHMOND, Va. – On March 31, Governor Timothy M. Kaine kicked off Virginia Green Travel Month with a challenge to Virginia’s tourism industry to recruit 40 new green businesses in April. The Virginia Tourism Corporation, in partnership with the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality, is proud to announce that 60 tourism businesses received Virginia Green certification in April.
    New participants from across the commonwealth joined Virginia Green, with various groups who emerged as leaders in this recruitment effort. Crestline Hotels made a commitment to have all its 24 Virginia hotels facilities green certified. The City of Virginia Beach held a Virginia Green expo and recruited nearly 20 new Virginia Green participants.
    Governor Kaine issued the challenge of 40 new green businesses in honor of the 40th anniversary of Virginia is for Lovers, the state’s iconic tourism slogan.
    “I am proud of Virginia’s tourism industry for stepping up and meeting my challenge for new Virginia Green businesses,” said Governor Kaine. “Virginia will continue to expand and improve the Virginia Green program to keep a strong focus on preserving the environment.”
    Other newly-certified participants include Southeast Expeditions in Cape Charles, Clairborne House B&B in Rocky Mount, and Peaks of Otter Lodge in Bedford.
    Long-standing Virginia Green facilities such as the Airlie Conference Center in Warrenton, the Llewellyn Lodge in Lexington, Croc’s Bistro in Virginia Beach and Bistro 1888 in South Boston have led by example and helped make the Virginia Green program successful.
    Virginia Green is a statewide partnership between the Virginia Tourism Corporation, the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality and the Virginia Hospitality and Travel Association.
    DEQ awards Virginia Green certification to tourism businesses that commit to waste-reducing activities such as recycling, optional linen service, water and energy conservation, green cleaning, purchasing eco-friendly products and other steps that help reduce harmful environmental effects. The program launched in pilot phase in 2006. To date there are more than 500 Virginia Green certified tourism partners statewide.
    Virginia Green participants ‘self-certify’ that are meeting the program’s requirements, and it encourages active consumer feedback to ensure that Virginia Green facilities live up to their commitments and become even ‘greener’ over time.
    Tourism is one of Virginia’s most powerful industries, generating $19 billion in revenue, supporting 210,000 jobs and providing $1.2 billion in state and local taxes for Virginia communities.
    Visit www.virginiagreentravel.org for a complete listing of Virginia Green certified lodging properties, restaurants, attractions and more. The site also has convenient links to Virginia state parks, outdoor adventure programs, the Virginia Birding and Wildlife Trail, eco-friendly events, green getaways and travel tips. Or call 1-800-VISITVA to request a free Virginia is for Lovers – Live Passionately travel guide.
[/list]
Sharon K. Baxter
Office of Pollution Prevention, VA DEQ
804-698-4344
Note new email: [email protected]
Yippeee
RIki

"Other newly-certified participants include Southeast Expeditions in Cape Charles, Clairborne House B&B in Rocky Mount, and Peaks of Otter Lodge in Bedford."
Unfortunately..they misspelled the name:-( Looks like this is just a press release to promote Virginia Green....too bad someone didn't cross check spellng.

Oops I guess I should have checked the forum before posting that INN the news...You are fast!!
This is the way it is always said and mispelled, yet there is a famous Liz Claiborne that for some reason never makes it into the equation.

Oops I guess I should have checked the forum before posting that INN the news...You are fast!!
This is the way it is always said and mispelled, yet there is a famous Liz Claiborne that for some reason never makes it into the equation..
Do you have that mispelling as a Parked /mirror domain??? Maybe a good idea

I just noticed the way you are handling the .com version of your .net site. Are you open to a better way to do that?

I just noticed the way you are handling the .com version of your .net site. Are you open to a better way to do that?.
swirt said:
I just noticed the way you are handling the .com version of your .net site. Are you open to a better way to do that?
But of course!
I thought that was one we did not renew but someone here, ahem, may have renewed it.
Yes, please share.

shades_smile.gif

I just noticed the way you are handling the .com version of your .net site. Are you open to a better way to do that?.
swirt said:
But of course!
I thought that was one we did not renew but someone here, ahem, may have renewed it.
Yes, please share.
Ok so right now your .net site is your main site
But if someone goes to your .com site they see your current .net site because your .com site is a frame that just displays your .net site. The .com has no real content, but people seeing that address could link to it, which would then do your .net site no good in terms of "link love."
A better method is to do an actual 301 redirect (301 is the return code that declares "content moved permanently." ) so that if someone types in yourdomain.com they will actually see the address change immediately to yourdomain.net. (similar to if you type in the address for this site without the www..the www will magically appear)
Currently there are at least 4 links to the .com version of your site that are giving your actual site no link-love....you may get visitors from them, but no search engine benefit.
The methods for doing a 301 redirect depend on what kind of server your domain is on.
In most cases it is something that would take minutes to set up correctly.

Thank you. I have cut n pasted it to work on tomorrow. Appreciate the help, as always...your faithful follower...

Back