clawfoot bathtub

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grace_acebedo

Reaction score
Hi guys! I am looking for a clawfoot bath tub and I have seen one at https://www.used.forsale/clawfoot-bathtub. What do you think of it?

Bathtubs are super expensive to ship. If you want to find one you should look locally - renovation warehouses, ReStore shops, salvage shops.
Just finding a random picture on a fake website won't get you what you're looking for. You'll spend a lot of money and get nothing in return.

When I was building I had gotten a deal on a refurbed clawfoot then after thought sold it.
Reason; the weight of the cast iron ones and how cold they are. Filled for a nice soak and the tub would steal the warmth of the water. Its been to long so I do not remember the price but I went with the acrylic clawfoot tub. I am sure it could not have been more than a cast iron refurb knowing my budget. Seems like I got them directly from a company not Lowes or HD.
They are cute but the down side is older guest have a fear of getting in and out of them, and not so easy for the rest of us either.

When I was building I had gotten a deal on a refurbed clawfoot then after thought sold it.
Reason; the weight of the cast iron ones and how cold they are. Filled for a nice soak and the tub would steal the warmth of the water. Its been to long so I do not remember the price but I went with the acrylic clawfoot tub. I am sure it could not have been more than a cast iron refurb knowing my budget. Seems like I got them directly from a company not Lowes or HD.
They are cute but the down side is older guest have a fear of getting in and out of them, and not so easy for the rest of us either..
Cleaning them, too! The deep ones are a bear! And you need to add shower fixtures or a separate shower area.

Mine came with the house. I added "telephome"shower to it when it WAS the only (before adding another bathroom). THAT is the only way to clean those suckers. Scrub & hose off.

hi! We have a refurbished original claw foot that came in the house. I loved it so much that I wanted one in our personal space. We found Signature hardware. The price was good and the only strange thing is it was delivered to the street in front of our house. Luckily we had our crew move it in. I love it. We also have separate showers in each bathroom. Guests lov the claw foot in our suite. Signature hardware on line

Getting rid of ours over the winter. Too deep and too old. People want showers. We get dinged on reviews for it
Younare welcome to it! We are in North Massachusetts.

Buying really heavy stuff used, online can be a shipping problem. Really only works if the $/pound is reasonably favorable.
Building the Inn, DW bought a mammoth side-by-side fridge from a bankrupt contractor in Orlando, a continent away. Pennies for the fridge, but $800 to ship. I didn't want to say how stupid I thought this was, because, well, DW didn't want to know what I thought. A laborer and I wrestled the SOB in to place and I plugged it in, and, ... it worked. DW gives me a triumphant glare.
On a used cast iron tub: any little chip makes it look really used. You won't be able to send it back, but it could look nice out back planted with impatiens. Maybe a topiary sculpted to look like someone bathing.

Buying really heavy stuff used, online can be a shipping problem. Really only works if the $/pound is reasonably favorable.
Building the Inn, DW bought a mammoth side-by-side fridge from a bankrupt contractor in Orlando, a continent away. Pennies for the fridge, but $800 to ship. I didn't want to say how stupid I thought this was, because, well, DW didn't want to know what I thought. A laborer and I wrestled the SOB in to place and I plugged it in, and, ... it worked. DW gives me a triumphant glare.
On a used cast iron tub: any little chip makes it look really used. You won't be able to send it back, but it could look nice out back planted with impatiens. Maybe a topiary sculpted to look like someone bathing..
Mine came with the house but it costme $318 to have TubRenu do its thing cuz it was eaten out at the drain from a drip. 24 years later - it needs it again but I bought some stuff and did a DYI on it. Looks for crap, but it is white, not rust or black.

We had a clawfoot tub in one of the rooms but had it taken out and gave it away due to liability reasons. Since our clientele demographic is in the 60 plus range, we remodeled the bathroom with a walk-in shower instead. Only a couple of regular guests missed the tub, but not enough to change venues.

Back