Clean the World Campaign

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
So, I have started allowing all emails to come through instead of deleting at the server those that are addressed to invalid email addies at my domain. Today I got THREE emails from the Clean the World Campaign. This is a relatively new organization, maybe a year old? Where did they send the emails? To the 10 years gone PO's. WHERE are they finding those email addies? Are they buying email lists that are horribly out of date?
They just got themselves labeled 3 times as spam. Hope that's working out for them.

Madeleine wrote:
So, I have started allowing all emails to come through instead of deleting at the server those that are addressed to invalid email addies at my domain.
Are you going through all these invalid e-mails just because one person mis-typed your address, didn't know it, and fussed that you didn't get it? If so, that's a lot to go through because of someone else's mistake.
Of course, you STILL won't see them if they make their typo on the part after the @ sign.

Madeleine wrote:
So, I have started allowing all emails to come through instead of deleting at the server those that are addressed to invalid email addies at my domain.
Are you going through all these invalid e-mails just because one person mis-typed your address, didn't know it, and fussed that you didn't get it? If so, that's a lot to go through because of someone else's mistake.
Of course, you STILL won't see them if they make their typo on the part after the @ sign..
If they mistype the domain name it'll bounce back to them. I think. Hang on...yes, it will fail. And, yes, because it cost me time and aggro I am sorting through every email that comes through. Here's what I've found while doing this- the PO's email addy is still being used by directory websites grabbing very, very old info from who knows where. (I haven't really found a source for the incorrect info, it just keeps showing up in random places, which means it will keep showing up. It may mean someone is selling the email addy over and over.)
However, it is not just potential customers that are using that email addy, but companies the PO's did business with that I have no interest in. So, my guess is, they are in turn selling that addy elsewhere so it continues to show up.
Any legitimate business that I know the PO's once did business with is getting an unsubscribe notice, everything else is getting sent to spam hell.
Although the CTW campaign is legitimate, their 'you are receiving this because you made contact with us' is totally false so it made me mad more than anything. They bought those email addys and then said I made contact. I did not. Spam. And unsubscribe. And filling in their 'why are you unsubscribing' form with a note saying they are spamming and will be reported.
Got a new one today that I have to see if I can track down online.

Today- 3 successive emails all addressed to the same 3 invalid emails as yesterday. I'm pretty sure now that they're on a list that is being sold.

Back