Clean window screens?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlie may

Reaction score
Clean window screens anyone? A fellow innkeeper gave me a tip. For fall cleaning of window screens---take them to a car wash that has a wand for washing. Wow, it did a great job. Anyone else do this?

why not just use a pressure washer? who wants to lug 30 screens to a car wash and stick wet ones back in the car?
I would have to make many trips as i couldnt get more than a couple in my trunk. And my husband wouldnt want them in our cars anyway.

Have truck, will travel. Our pressure washer does not have a soap option and this was just easier today. Cost was 6 dollars.

Have truck, will travel. Our pressure washer does not have a soap option and this was just easier today. Cost was 6 dollars..
How many did you have? It is such a pain to get our screens out and haul them anywhere. Talking getting up on 16 foot ladder.

It's time to put the screens away for the winter up here. They will get all cobwebby over the winter so I'll worry about cleaning them in the spring when they go back on the windows. At that time a garden hose will do the trick for rinsing. I have found that too much pressure distorts the screening so we just give them a light touch with a soapy cloth and then hose 'em down.

Found a neat gadget at a hardware store. I thought it was just a gimmick, but it actually worked. It looks like a small, narrow paint roller on a paint handle and it has these little bristles imbedded in cloth. Soapy water on this roller first and act like you're painting the screen. Then, clean water to rinse it through. Don't need to take the screens out and as long as you're not slathering on the soapy water, everything stays pretty dry.

In the last month, I hired high rise window cleaning Folsom CA team in order to make my windows spick and span. As we all know that clean and well maintained, windows help us to increase the value of your home. If you are looking to sell your home, then buyers always look for windows as it is the first appearance of your home.

Back