Cleaning hair dryers?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
OK, here's an odd one...one of our hair dryers is completely sticky. It's like someone used it spraying hairspray all over at the same time. We tried washing it off using a grease cutter but nothing is taking the tackiness away. Any ideas? The surface of the hairdryer is 'soft' not a hard shiny plastic.

I keep a small jar of mineral spirits under the sink. Very good for getting gunky stuff off a variety of things. It may work, BUT, it may be that whatever came in contact with the soft plastic surface has damaged it, causing deterioration of the plastic surface itself. In that case it will stay 'sticky'.

Might need to take it out of service...they don't cost that much these days. In fact, I have a few that I could send you...
regular_smile.gif

Might need to take it out of service...they don't cost that much these days. In fact, I have a few that I could send you...
regular_smile.gif
We bought a new one. Odd, I found a pen with the same sticky residue on it so now not sure it was hair spray. Had to throw the pen out, too.

regular_smile.gif
We bought a new one. Odd, I found a pen with the same sticky residue on it so now not sure it was hair spray. Had to throw the pen out, too.
Its why we buy cheap hair dryers so if there is a problem we can chuck them - $5.00 each from wallmart - it also means if they walk its not too much of a problem.

Back