Cleanliness Key To Hotel Satisfaction

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wash the sheets and take the bars off the windows, apparently safety doesn't rate!

Wash the sheets and take the bars off the windows, apparently safety doesn't rate!.
Well, I wash sheets all day and all night. No bars on these windows. Heck, I'm going the extra step and putting in toilet paper this week, instead of the bowl of water.

I go spare about safety people on the ground floor leave all their ruddy windows open Ihave had stickers done now saying for the safety of your own possessions when you are out shut the windows!

Haha yess please take the bars off the windows, hotels. Who wants to go to a hotel like that? Cleanliness is not only key to keeping your guests happy but it is also important to keep the hotel and all of its rooms in shape. Without cleaning everything would go bad in a few months.

I don't wash the sheets, the machine does that, it's the bloody ironing that's killing me!!!!
A general poll of all my friends assures me that no-one on the planet irons their own sheets, but at the B&B it's all part of the service. With a
teeth_smile.gif

I don't wash the sheets, the machine does that, it's the bloody ironing that's killing me!!!!
A general poll of all my friends assures me that no-one on the planet irons their own sheets, but at the B&B it's all part of the service. With a
teeth_smile.gif
Not at my B&B it ain't. I buy wrinkle-free sheets or easy-care sheets. I fold them hot out of the dryer and that's the closest they will get to an iron. Not going to happen.
I have given away dozens of sheet sets, all of which needed ironing. That's what Craigslist is for.

teeth_smile.gif
jomackenzie said:
teeth_smile.gif
We iron sheets as well. Our guests notice.
RIki

teeth_smile.gif
jomackenzie said:
teeth_smile.gif
Iron the sheets? Not here. If they want their sheets ironed - go to the Greenbrier! I DO iron pillowcases. I give them fresh-roasted coffee and homemade bread. Better use of my time!

teeth_smile.gif
jomackenzie said:
teeth_smile.gif
Iron the sheets? Not here. If they want their sheets ironed - go to the Greenbrier! I DO iron pillowcases. I give them fresh-roasted coffee and homemade bread. Better use of my time!
gillumhouse said:
jomackenzie said:
teeth_smile.gif
Iron the sheets? Not here.
I give them fresh-roasted coffee and homemade bread. Better use of my time!
And that is SOOO important! Do what you love to do and it'll show!

Iron the pillowcases?? You betcha! That's what my 12 y/o daughter is for!!
As far as 'clean' not being important! Who are they kidding? CLEAN is one of the few things you DO have complete control over.

No ironing sheets here but so iron pillow cases and make hommade bread and baked items...and of course clean clean clean-but someones clean may not be someone elses...:)

teeth_smile.gif
jomackenzie said:
teeth_smile.gif
We iron sheets as well. Our guests notice.
RIki
100% cotton, you've got to. Easy care??? I don't think so. Not in my B&B. Freshly washed, ironed & lookin' good!
And yes, the guests DO notice.

teeth_smile.gif
jomackenzie said:
teeth_smile.gif
gillumhouse said:
jomackenzie said:
teeth_smile.gif
Iron the sheets? Not here.
I give them fresh-roasted coffee and homemade bread. Better use of my time!
[/quote]
[/quote]
This, I believe, is ABSOLUTE TRUTH! Passion shows! It just does...when a person likes what they are doing they just seem to do it with a flair! I think it is especially true when serving others. Ever been served at a resturaunt by someone who hates their job - it makes you feel like you are neing an inconvenience, UGH!
One reason why D and I are leaving corporate.

teeth_smile.gif
jomackenzie said:
teeth_smile.gif
gillumhouse said:
If they want their sheets ironed - go to the Greenbrier!
People don't have to pay Greenbrier prices to get ironed sheets in West Virginia. I'm just sayin...

teeth_smile.gif
jomackenzie said:
teeth_smile.gif
gillumhouse said:
People don't have to pay Greenbrier prices to get ironed sheets in West Virginia. I'm just sayin...
cheers.gif

teeth_smile.gif
jomackenzie said:
teeth_smile.gif
gillumhouse said:
Yes, sometimes you can get a room there for $89 - I still am not going to iron sheets nor spend the money to send them out so they can be ironed. We all choose what is important to us, and ironed sheets is not - pillowcases yes. Fresh-roasted coffee - yes. Homemade bread - yes. Making my city as great as it can be - yes. Kudos to those who iron sheets - the ironing board is the dreaded item in this house. Sorry if my quip was not taken as such.

Back