Clothing requirements . . .

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IronGate

Reaction score
or lack thereof. Lack of clothing, I mean, not lack of requirements.
I was surfing around the 'net and came upon a nice place that had a pool and "spa" (read: hot tub). It all looked wonderful. As I was reading the description, I found the invitation to "shed it all." The pool, spa and deck are all clothing optional. Does anyone have this option? How is it received? Has a guest ever asked, or even just presumed it would be OK? (One review I read said the guests knew about it beforehand, but "thank goodness, everyone was wearing something.")

I have had calls asking if our hot tub is very private? And one when I said we don't have one and they wanted to know about the property itself, how private is it for sun bathing? I said "Buddy if you strip off here you would have half the town standing there gawking at you!"
(Ya pervert!)
So when we considered putting a hot tub in we determined it would NOT be in a private area, but in a public area. Terrible I know, but when we first bought this B&B I had about one call per week asking for hot tubs or in-room jacuzzi tubs, and that was ALL they wanted. All I want, is a [pack of drunken sailers in a hot tub or jacuzzi.

Had a caller that wanted to know if there was a private area he could sun bathe in the nude, I gave him the name of the nudist park. Not here buddy!
There are 2 such B&B's in the big city near me. I think both have indoor pool areas or at least they look indoors from the pictures. Both are right up front stating 'clothing optional' right on the home page...

It is too cold here for that to be a consideration. No requests for that yet.

Not exactly on the topic, but we recently had a guest go "au natural" in our OUTSIDE, PUBLIC shower, so, now when checking in guests I invite them to leave their sand outside & their bathing suits ON.
I make a joke that it's now part of my speech, as all items are due to an "incident" which caused us to have to consider once again our introductory comments & what needs to be included/clarified.
Ahhhh the things we see :)

I run on the principle I don't want to see it and im guessing my other guests don't either! (unles brad pitt popps by and then I might make an exception) lol

Check out this clothing optional "b&b"....gotta love their FAQ page. They certainly tell it like it is! Dive In.
Ok, I LOVE that page! Not the clothing optional stuff (I'm QUITE a prude), but the NO EXCEPTIONS: Please do not tell me a story about why I should make an exception for you!

Check out this clothing optional "b&b"....gotta love their FAQ page. They certainly tell it like it is! Dive In.
I knew it. I'm one of those people in the right hand column! Altho, with a few drinks I could move over to the left column.
Very difficult website to navigate. Every page leaves you stranded.
I looked at a couple of the rooms...plain old odd...beds mashed up against the artwork, big orange stickers on the toilets (crooked to boot), one page didn't come up at all, I got the code instead.
But, yes, quite an explicit FAQ page.

I have had calls asking if our hot tub is very private? And one when I said we don't have one and they wanted to know about the property itself, how private is it for sun bathing? I said "Buddy if you strip off here you would have half the town standing there gawking at you!"
(Ya pervert!)
So when we considered putting a hot tub in we determined it would NOT be in a private area, but in a public area. Terrible I know, but when we first bought this B&B I had about one call per week asking for hot tubs or in-room jacuzzi tubs, and that was ALL they wanted. All I want, is a [pack of drunken sailers in a hot tub or jacuzzi..
That was a big concern of ours when we were looking at places with hot tubs. Private vs out in the open. For some people, the lawn Central Park is private enough. Of course, being me, I worried more about CLEANING the stupid hot tub than anyone being put off by what was going on.

I knew it. I'm one of those people in the right hand column! Altho, with a few drinks I could move over to the left column.
I looked at a couple of the rooms...plain old odd...beds mashed up against the artwork, big orange stickers on the toilets (crooked to boot), one page didn't come up at all, I got the code instead.
Here's my favorite statement: "Not a place for high maintenance people"
Wish I could put that on my site and get away with it!

Breakfast Diva said:
Don't we all!!

I run on the principle I don't want to see it and im guessing my other guests don't either! (unles brad pitt popps by and then I might make an exception) lol.
I once walked on a nudist beach. Those who should have had their clothes off, were dressed. Those who shouldn't, had their clothes off. A really don't need to see a man dragging his buttocks on the sand as he walks around.

I run on the principle I don't want to see it and im guessing my other guests don't either! (unles brad pitt popps by and then I might make an exception) lol.
I once walked on a nudist beach. Those who should have had their clothes off, were dressed. Those who shouldn't, had their clothes off. A really don't need to see a man dragging his buttocks on the sand as he walks around.
exactly! Mind you the weirdest thing I ever saw was in a documentary on belgium and a chap was sunbathing nude except for his socks, seems a bit redundant to leave them on really? especially if you have taken everything else of!

exactly! Mind you the weirdest thing I ever saw was in a documentary on belgium and a chap was sunbathing nude except for his socks, seems a bit redundant to leave them on really? especially if you have taken everything else of!
Were the socks black?

Were the socks black?
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Were the socks black?
LOL. I had the same image in my mind.

We have a nice 6-mile float down from our riverfrontage to a convenient take-out. Takes 2 hours in summer when water is lower and slower. Easy -- except for one spot, when low water forces the route into a fast, narrow slot between a big rock and ... the very popular nude beach. If you gawk for two seconds you will bang against the rock - not a danger, but embarassing. So I do have to warn guests: don't look!
As for the Inn itself, unless a guest was only one registered, I'd say no. Too easy to offend. We do have a private deck space, however. I'll explore any angle for marketing. ;)

We have a nice 6-mile float down from our riverfrontage to a convenient take-out. Takes 2 hours in summer when water is lower and slower. Easy -- except for one spot, when low water forces the route into a fast, narrow slot between a big rock and ... the very popular nude beach. If you gawk for two seconds you will bang against the rock - not a danger, but embarassing. So I do have to warn guests: don't look!
As for the Inn itself, unless a guest was only one registered, I'd say no. Too easy to offend. We do have a private deck space, however. I'll explore any angle for marketing. ;).
Tom said:
As for the Inn itself, unless a guest was only one registered, I'd say no. Too easy to offend. We do have a private deck space, however. I'll explore any angle for marketing. ;)
Waiting for your wife to weigh in here.
wink_smile.gif

Breakfast Diva said:
Anytime someone tells me they are NOT high maintenance, it pretty much guarantees that they ARE!

Back