Clown car

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madeleine

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I can laugh any longer! I just ushered the 15th person into the room where the bride is getting ready. 1 hairstylist who showed up at 7 AM, 2 flowergirls, 5 bridesmaids, 4 photographers, MOB and AUB (aunt of bride) and I'm not sure who else got in without ringing the bell. Oh, yeah, and the bride is mushed in there somewhere!

BTW, this is my LAST bride without a full house rental. She's a peach. It's everyone else. And I'm sure she wishes someone was gatekeeping so everyone wasn't traipsing in at inopportune moments.
Last one I let in stated she was the photog. She had no equip. When I told her the 2 photogs were already here she stammered, 'They must have my camera, someone was bringing it over.' Yeah right. Like a prof photog is going to let thousands of dollars in equip go off with just anyone.
Last I saw her she was cooling her heels in the living room.

BTW, this is my LAST bride without a full house rental. She's a peach. It's everyone else. And I'm sure she wishes someone was gatekeeping so everyone wasn't traipsing in at inopportune moments.
Last one I let in stated she was the photog. She had no equip. When I told her the 2 photogs were already here she stammered, 'They must have my camera, someone was bringing it over.' Yeah right. Like a prof photog is going to let thousands of dollars in equip go off with just anyone.
Last I saw her she was cooling her heels in the living room..
Yep..that's the way it goes...of course you knew it would didn't you?
poke.gif
Lesson learned.

What a pain! I will never, NEVER forget one AOG barging into the house demanding that I tell her where the bride was. She HAD to see the bride NOW.
I told her NO she was not on the list. - I had a list of those the bride wanted around. She got well into my personal space - like 2 inches from my face again demanding. NO and this is MY home.

What a pain! I will never, NEVER forget one AOG barging into the house demanding that I tell her where the bride was. She HAD to see the bride NOW.
I told her NO she was not on the list. - I had a list of those the bride wanted around. She got well into my personal space - like 2 inches from my face again demanding. NO and this is MY home..
Excellent. A list. Should I ever find myself in this position again, a list it is.
We've had brides here before without all of this hubbub. Local bride, that's the problem. Other local brides took the whole house. Less of an issue.

The poor bride!.
MOB let in 2 more people and then told them to help themselves to the water bottles in the fridge. Unless MOB put them in there, they cleared out another guest's bottled water.
We have a stay fast rule and it says... No unregistered guests are allowed in our home with out proir approval. We state this in our confirmation.
This rule is for our saftey and theirs.

The poor bride!.
MOB let in 2 more people and then told them to help themselves to the water bottles in the fridge. Unless MOB put them in there, they cleared out another guest's bottled water.
We have a stay fast rule and it says... No unregistered guests are allowed in our home with out proir approval. We state this in our confirmation.
This rule is for our saftey and theirs.
I did ask and was told who to expect. Just never expected all of them at the same time and not starting at 7 AM! We have changed our policies. We've had pretty much all the variations now on weddings, other than hosting them here. Now we have a clear vision of what is comfortable for us and essential to the bride. There is no way she was happy with 17 people in her room no matter how pleasant they were or relaxed she was.

Back