Clsoed B&B's on Trip Advisor

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddburme

Reaction score
Was wondering if I should mention it to them? They have two in my town. I know most of us don't get traffic from Trip advisor but being 1 of three has to be a bit harder on me then 1 of 1. Then add in how irritating it has to be to the customer to call and it is closed or number is out of order etc. By the time they get to me it has to be old.

I have sent email about several closed inns and they will not do a thing about them. They only remove when the owner tells them...so don't bother. They won't do anything.

You can try but they don't seem to care. I reported one 2 years ago and it's still on there.

They don't really care, just more fodder, more info for people. There are B&B's listed all over the place here that closed 15 years ago and were only open for a year or two. How they FIND the info to put in new online FREE directories is beyond me. But those free scamming (ie they lift info off others websites then show no availability) seem to be the ones to propagate this whole thing!
There was a CITY BOOK that gives restaurants and places to stay and sights of interest that listed 4 B&B's in my area and I am the ONLY ONE. I contacted them and they never took them out, reprinted them year after year and left them all in. FOUR. They told me I should be grateful we are in there at all when I let them know the errors.

From time to time I "cruise" the directories. I have contacted many of them with a list of closed B & Bs in my State and they have removed them. I doubt if anyone could tell the Gorilla anything though.
The directories have been grateful to get the slop off the list - it makes them look better to have a clean list. I DO let them know I am aware of these being closed because of my position in the Association and these had informed me they closed.

Did you try submitting your report of a closed property through this page?
http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_alert_us_if_an_attraction_or_property_is_closed
They change their in-bound communication system/process every so often, so it's worth trying again and through this specific page. Otherwise, it could easily get lost in the Labyrinth.
Good luck...
Jay

http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_alert_us_if_an_attraction_or_property_is_closed
They change their in-bound communication system/process every so often, so it's worth trying again and through this specific page. Otherwise, it could easily get lost in the Labyrinth.
Good luck...
Jay.
This i like a maze still. I will wait and see if they delete the one I just sent them. I did this several times in the past and it has never been removed. We'll see:)

With great enthusiasm I will try also hahaha. Sent so lets see. Thanks.

I have sent email about several closed inns and they will not do a thing about them. They only remove when the owner tells them...so don't bother. They won't do anything..
They don't pay attention, so I leave a review advising something is closed and where else to go. This way people don't try and go there. If you look at Kluge Estate Vineyard in Charlottesville you'll see where I did this.
RIki

I have sent email about several closed inns and they will not do a thing about them. They only remove when the owner tells them...so don't bother. They won't do anything..
They don't pay attention, so I leave a review advising something is closed and where else to go. This way people don't try and go there. If you look at Kluge Estate Vineyard in Charlottesville you'll see where I did this.
RIki
oops

Good luck...
Jay.
Thanks for the link. Upon investigation, I discovered they have a transient hotel near the Mission in Clarksburg that was issued a condemnation order this week by the City of Clarksburg AS A B&B!!!!!!!

Even if an owner lets them know their place is closed, TA takes their own sweet time to remove your listing. It took them about 8 months to remove our listing.
Also, there's cached info out there on the Internet so people will still manage to find a listing for a closed place. We still get calls even with the closed page up for a year. Our page will go away entirely in a day or so....

Looks like it worked. I cannot find them but I only have the direct name of the one memorized but we are back to being the only B&B in town which is true.

Looks like it worked. I cannot find them but I only have the direct name of the one memorized but we are back to being the only B&B in town which is true..
TA all of a sudden removed our listing (we've been closed almost a year) and that of another B&B which closed in June. The remaining B&B is now listed with a MOTEL as the only 2 B&Bs in town. It's weird....

Looks like it worked. I cannot find them but I only have the direct name of the one memorized but we are back to being the only B&B in town which is true..
TA all of a sudden removed our listing (we've been closed almost a year) and that of another B&B which closed in June. The remaining B&B is now listed with a MOTEL as the only 2 B&Bs in town. It's weird....
They actually removed one that I sent in as well...But there are still several still listed who are no longer in business. I may try again and see if they go:)

Back