Coffee day

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alibi Ike

Reaction score
I think we broke a record today...5 pots of coffee at breakfast. With a couple of tea drinkers tossed into the mix I think it works out to around 5 cups of coffee/guest.

It's always funny to see how different each crowd of people is with stuff like that. We had a big coffee drinking bunch today too, and they all got along great and sat and sat at the table.

It's always funny to see how different each crowd of people is with stuff like that. We had a big coffee drinking bunch today too, and they all got along great and sat and sat at the table..
I had sitters. Ended up having to set up another table in the living room. Luckily, some folks wanted to get out and do things so they cleared out 2 tables, but the other 2 tables sat. The guests who sat in the living room thought it was great fun to have the whole thing to themselves.
Then we got the odd couple. Came and went 5-6 times. Finally realized what they wanted...everyone else gone so they could have the whole dining room to themselves. So, we started out serving 10 at 8 AM (totally slammed) and then 2 at 8:30 and 2 more at 8:35 and these 2 waited until 9:20 and everyone was out of the dining room before they would even sit down.
Ugh. We could have had them all done by 9:30 if they would just have sat down at a table for 2.

It's always funny to see how different each crowd of people is with stuff like that. We had a big coffee drinking bunch today too, and they all got along great and sat and sat at the table..
I had sitters. Ended up having to set up another table in the living room. Luckily, some folks wanted to get out and do things so they cleared out 2 tables, but the other 2 tables sat. The guests who sat in the living room thought it was great fun to have the whole thing to themselves.
Then we got the odd couple. Came and went 5-6 times. Finally realized what they wanted...everyone else gone so they could have the whole dining room to themselves. So, we started out serving 10 at 8 AM (totally slammed) and then 2 at 8:30 and 2 more at 8:35 and these 2 waited until 9:20 and everyone was out of the dining room before they would even sit down.
Ugh. We could have had them all done by 9:30 if they would just have sat down at a table for 2.
OMG. Parallel universe. We had almost identical numbers and times. That's freaky.

Was it cool there today?
Were these folks tired from some kind of event(s)? I found that's when I really went through the coffee...guests worn out from doing too much the day before.

how BIG is a pot of coffee?
i used to make the 40 cup urns, one decaf and one regular. depending on how many guests were in the house, i usually made 1/2 the decaf and if a full house a whole urn of regular. most always had leftover which i would put in an airpot and give to the artist gallery next door. i put a little sign on it for gallery visitors to help themselves, too (courtesy of the b&b of course) sometimes, i would let it cool and make iced coffee.
days when i decided NOT to make this much coffee, BOOM, big coffee drinkers looking for more!

how BIG is a pot of coffee?
i used to make the 40 cup urns, one decaf and one regular. depending on how many guests were in the house, i usually made 1/2 the decaf and if a full house a whole urn of regular. most always had leftover which i would put in an airpot and give to the artist gallery next door. i put a little sign on it for gallery visitors to help themselves, too (courtesy of the b&b of course) sometimes, i would let it cool and make iced coffee.
days when i decided NOT to make this much coffee, BOOM, big coffee drinkers looking for more!.
10-12 cups, depending on the size of the 'cup'.

It was a Coffee morning!!! Went through 3 pots (12 cups each) and only 4 of my 13 guests drank coffee! And no dilly-dallying around here today everyone was gone by 9:30.

Ours was a coffee day as they were all super hung over. Big group all went to the races!

Back