Coffee Latte Frothers

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samster

Reaction score
If you want to add a little something for the folks that must have their lattes, these little devices work great for frothing cold fat-free milk (including lactose free milk). This one uses batteries and I just got one at a Sur La Table store on clearance for around $7. Works great and I put the container in the microwave for 40 seconds after frothing. Voila, warm milk! I have tried the manual one at a B&B that had French press coffee pots and it also works well.
Before some folks jump down my throat about not wanting to provide all things to all people, I'm just suggesting this as a possible nice little perk, especially if you have individual cabins/suites with coffee makers.
regular_smile.gif

Samster said:
for around $7.
lucky duck! i'd love to have one, can only find for 24.95 but will keep looking as this is what makes the chai tea latte soooo good at bigbucks!

Samster said:
for around $7.
lucky duck! i'd love to have one, can only find for 24.95 but will keep looking as this is what makes the chai tea latte soooo good at bigbucks!.
I thought about you, Seashanty, when you posted that you like a lot of milk in coffee in the other thread. haha! I make strong espresso coffee and then use the milk frother. I actually have a milk steamer on my coffee/espresso maker but this is soooooooooooooooo easy.
I had to buy mine in a store in the "big city" where I was recently visiting relatives. I bought the only 2 that they had and sent one to my future dil, or I'd send it to you! I'll keep my eye open for one for you if I get up to our big metro area near here.

We use the Aeroccino from Nespresso. It's a lot more expensive. But I just have to put the milk to the line and push the button and it froths and heats the milk to the perfect temperature. It won't overhead the milk.
And if I need warm milk, I fill to the second line and put in the mixer. Again, heats the milk perfectly. The inside of the cup is teflon and easy to clean.
I have enough to do when I'm alone making breakfast than worrying about pulling the perfect espresso shot or whipping up the perfect milk. This makes it simple. Only thing I would change is next time, I buy the Latissima and let it do everything for me from start to finish.

Back