Coffee!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NRV Runner

Reaction score
This was posted seven years ago, but am curious where people are with it now: What coffee brands or service you use? Where do you get it?

We are located In Amagansett Ny on the far tip of Long Island in the Hamptons. We tried so many coffees but actually found the brand we went with at a wonderful local restaurant. It is Kubrick and is blended in NJ. They have a coffee cafe in the Chelsea Market in NYC, They were so great sending us different samples untill we found the blend we liked. They also deliver by UPS in one day. We buy beans. And grind ourselves. They also suggested using French Press since we are a small 4 room B and B.That has worked out so well for us. Guests love them..Highly reccomend Kubrick Coffee!

I have 2 roasters and get my single country green coffee beans from Burmsn Coffee Traders, I have about 21 countries and guests choose what country they want. I fresh grind/perk in the morning.
When I get hit up for donations, I give roastsof coffee - usually a lot less expensive than a free room.

I'm still going with Keurig single-cup machines and coffee pods I get from Amazon.

We also go with a local roaster that sent us a box of different blends to try. They will also package it for us to sell. We have 7 rooms and often make 5-6 pots of coffee everyday.
I would like to add a particular peeve of mine here - if you are going to make pots of coffee (vs using a Keurig or individual coffee press) make decaf coffee, too! For every innkeeper who has ever said, ‘no one drinks decaf!!!’ I'm here to say the guests thank me for not making them ask for it and ‘put the innkeeper out.’ (Apparently they’ve been sighed at and grumbled at and made to feel they are wasting the innkeepers time.)
For evenings we have a Keurig for which we buy 100% compostable pods.

For the pot... we use a large preground commercial dark roast. The biggest trick is using enough coffee. For the espresso maker, we change from time to time and depends on what's available. I don't like anything oily or too bitter. The local trend for espresso is actually blond beans. We don't offer a Keurig, all we got were complaints that it was too weak. The espresso make is a super automatic, so we can use it to make Americano if need be.... but we have a hot water heater with always ready hot water, if they make espresso and need to dilute it themselves.
We have a container of decaf available at any time to make a decaf french press. All they have to do is ask. We don't get very many requests... but it's always available. Usually two guests per year.
Around here, people want their coffee dark and strong. Foreigners from the south can always dilute if they find it too strong. Foreigners from over the pond are happy with our coffee.

I'm still going with Keurig single-cup machines and coffee pods I get from Amazon..
Yup, that is what we have switched to since we are making the stand-alone cottage our main accommodation and letting our B+B guests be more self-sufficient. We also provide an electric drip coffee maker and French press for coffee and we will provide a container of loose ground coffee(s) if they prefer.

We try to purchase locally as much as we can and chose a local roaster who offers certified organic and fair trade products. We chose from several samples a regular and decaf coffee we liked, which the guest like too!

We also go with a local roaster that sent us a box of different blends to try. They will also package it for us to sell. We have 7 rooms and often make 5-6 pots of coffee everyday.
I would like to add a particular peeve of mine here - if you are going to make pots of coffee (vs using a Keurig or individual coffee press) make decaf coffee, too! For every innkeeper who has ever said, ‘no one drinks decaf!!!’ I'm here to say the guests thank me for not making them ask for it and ‘put the innkeeper out.’ (Apparently they’ve been sighed at and grumbled at and made to feel they are wasting the innkeepers time.)
For evenings we have a Keurig for which we buy 100% compostable pods..
Where do you get the fully compostable pods from?

Keirigs in the rooms,
Vermont Coffee Company brewed for breakfast.

Jottow3 said:
San Francisco coffee company. you can open an account with them if you buy a lot of pods.

Jottow3 said:
San Francisco coffee company. you can open an account with them if you buy a lot of pods.

Jottow3 said:
Thank you.

We use Community Coffee Cafe Special on auto-delivery. You get a discount for auto-delivery through their business program.
We've tried several local roasters in a blind taste test with our guests, and they always come back to the Community Coffee. It's got a great flavor, both in the regular and decaffeinated types of Cafe Special. They come in premeasured packs for commercial coffee makers, so it's easy just to take out a pack and keep the coffee fresh. It's also easy for guests to make coffee if they want to.
We have regular guests who just take it upon themselves to start another pot of coffee when one runs out. They're great!

Back