Cold enough for ya?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was -19 on my thermometer when DW got up and went to the 24/7 gym for a workout at 7 a.m. Zero when I ventured out at 11 a.m. We're in northern Indiana.
Our overnight guest checked out early and I turned the heat down a bit in the house, but not so low that pipes would be affected (we have a full basement). Next guest arrives on Monday, and then the thermostat goes back up ...
brrrrrrrr.....
How far North are you in Indiana? I'm from Niles, Mi, just across the border from Notre Dame. In fact my Mother In Law is visiting from Niles right now.
Not quite that far north - we're halfway between Chicago and Indianapolis on I-65. It's about 2.5 hours to get to South Bend for us.

The big chill finally arrived down here in what's supposed to be warm, sunny Miami. Yeeesh!! I have two fleece jackets, and I wore BOTH of them today, at the same time. And now, I'm looking for any excuse to keep my oven going. I've got some biscuits in there now. I think cookies will be next, of course letting all the heat out in between. :D No, I don't have heat upstairs, just downstairs in the staterooms. Hopefully, this will soon pass..... Oh, and I found both pairs of socks I own...guess where all of them are now. LOL I think I'll head on over to the recipe section of this forum and try out some new baked goodies.

The big chill finally arrived down here in what's supposed to be warm, sunny Miami. Yeeesh!! I have two fleece jackets, and I wore BOTH of them today, at the same time. And now, I'm looking for any excuse to keep my oven going. I've got some biscuits in there now. I think cookies will be next, of course letting all the heat out in between. :D No, I don't have heat upstairs, just downstairs in the staterooms. Hopefully, this will soon pass..... Oh, and I found both pairs of socks I own...guess where all of them are now. LOL I think I'll head on over to the recipe section of this forum and try out some new baked goodies..
Sanctuary in Miami said:
The big chill finally arrived down here in what's supposed to be warm, sunny Miami. Yeeesh!! I have two fleece jackets, and I wore BOTH of them today, at the same time. And now, I'm looking for any excuse to keep my oven going. I've got some biscuits in there now. I think cookies will be next, of course letting all the heat out in between. :D No, I don't have heat upstairs, just downstairs in the staterooms. Hopefully, this will soon pass..... Oh, and I found both pairs of socks I own...guess where all of them are now. LOL I think I'll head on over to the recipe section of this forum and try out some new baked goodies.
How cold did it get there today?

The big chill finally arrived down here in what's supposed to be warm, sunny Miami. Yeeesh!! I have two fleece jackets, and I wore BOTH of them today, at the same time. And now, I'm looking for any excuse to keep my oven going. I've got some biscuits in there now. I think cookies will be next, of course letting all the heat out in between. :D No, I don't have heat upstairs, just downstairs in the staterooms. Hopefully, this will soon pass..... Oh, and I found both pairs of socks I own...guess where all of them are now. LOL I think I'll head on over to the recipe section of this forum and try out some new baked goodies..
Sanctuary in Miami said:
GeorgiaGirl said:
Sanctuary in Miami said:
The weather station at my lower helm said 42. I saw 39 on the news. It didn't get out of the 50s today, and the wind has been wicked. And the waters were so rough that I took a little video of all the waves in the marina. Tonight is supposed to be another COLD night and then the temps should rebound. A sailboat at anchor burned up this morning out in the bay. I suspect it was "heater" related. The fire started in a sleeping area. The doggie onboard didn't make it. :(

Sanctuary in Miami said:
GeorgiaGirl said:
Sanctuary in Miami said:
The weather station at my lower helm said 42. I saw 39 on the news. It didn't get out of the 50s today, and the wind has been wicked. And the waters were so rough that I took a little video of all the waves in the marina. Tonight is supposed to be another COLD night and then the temps should rebound. A sailboat at anchor burned up this morning out in the bay. I suspect it was "heater" related. The fire started in a sleeping area. The doggie onboard didn't make it. :(
WOW! That is cold for Miami! Too bad for the doggie
broken_heart.gif
I hope he didn't suffer! Keep warm tonight, I'll think of you as I snuggle under my electric blanket
teeth_smile.gif

i love my 'ugh boots' as you call them! i think they're cute. and they are warm
thumbs_up.gif

Back