Collecting for damages

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northern Dreamer

Reaction score
Anyone ever had any success with collecting damages/charging additional fees or linen replacement fees?
We had a nail polish user last weekend and wonder if they got anywhere on their nails...cause it was in the bathroom, on the duvet cover, etc...

Did you try acetone to remove? I use acetone to get rid of ink stains sometimes.

Did you try acetone to remove? I use acetone to get rid of ink stains sometimes..
Yes, we did get it off the countertop, but even though it removed most of the hard polish from the duvet cover it still left a mark...:(

Did you try acetone to remove? I use acetone to get rid of ink stains sometimes..
Yes, we did get it off the countertop, but even though it removed most of the hard polish from the duvet cover it still left a mark...:(
Personally, I consider most of these things as Cost-of-Business. It's the reason that I don't buy expensive stuff.

I think the credit card companies exclude "damages" as something that their cards can be used for, so whatever you do, don't call it a charge for damages -- anything else. Have you talked to the person yet? Asked them if they will agree to cover the cost of a replacement duvet cover?

I think the credit card companies exclude "damages" as something that their cards can be used for, so whatever you do, don't call it a charge for damages -- anything else. Have you talked to the person yet? Asked them if they will agree to cover the cost of a replacement duvet cover?.
It is specifically excluded, you need to call for permission to charge.

Personally, I consider most of these things as Cost-of-Business. It's the reason that I don't buy expensive stuff.
It was a relatively inexpensive duvet set. But we are still trying to reach the guests to have communications with them.

It was a relatively inexpensive duvet set. But we are still trying to reach the guests to have communications with them.
Is it worth the TA 1 eye review?

Back