Color Emotion Guide [infographic]

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Consider the color schemes of some of the largest brand names & what emotions those colors evoke
Color Emotion Guide >you can clik the image to view it larger
JB = I notice there are no burgundy color schemes there, the #1 Bed and Breakfast INN color scheme, imo.

LOL - we are less scientific. We did our previous house in mostly greens because it was close to the woods and had a garden. We are doing our Inn in blues because it is near the ocean. :)

LOL - we are less scientific. We did our previous house in mostly greens because it was close to the woods and had a garden. We are doing our Inn in blues because it is near the ocean. :).
I have been stripping wallpaper and waiting for the rooms to tell me what color they want to be! One of them fought back and I had to repaint cream over navy blue. Now THAT was fun!
Our overall color scheme is green with pops of red.

Painting over navy sounds beyond tedious!
I have a room that is painted teal. And for some reason I actually like it. Which is good because painting over teal would be just as horrible as painting over navy.
Getting ready to redo the horrible kitchen. Looking at white, with blue. But could change my mind many times before we get to it.

LOL - we are less scientific. We did our previous house in mostly greens because it was close to the woods and had a garden. We are doing our Inn in blues because it is near the ocean. :).
I have been stripping wallpaper and waiting for the rooms to tell me what color they want to be! One of them fought back and I had to repaint cream over navy blue. Now THAT was fun!
Silver paint goes over dark paint so you can repaint anything.

We use Kilz as primer coat for everything. Currently am helping a friend move her store. Her wall color...the bright yellow at the top!

The house told me burgundy with pink (NOT my colors) and it works well. 2 of the rooms have sage green painted trim - green (color of money) is my color! My kitchen is yellow. I like a sunshine look in my kitchen. Our bathrooms are medium blue up to the chair rail and then a light blue. I truly believe the house will tell you when you have it right - IF you are willing to listen.

The house told me burgundy with pink (NOT my colors) and it works well. 2 of the rooms have sage green painted trim - green (color of money) is my color! My kitchen is yellow. I like a sunshine look in my kitchen. Our bathrooms are medium blue up to the chair rail and then a light blue. I truly believe the house will tell you when you have it right - IF you are willing to listen..
My house said Behr Sensible Hue, Flat Enamel. It repeats it like a mantra. It told me to use it in all the rooms except the living/dining room and bathroom. And it told me to keep an extra bucket around for touch ups, because guests keep on marking up the walls :D

We don't let DH make colour decisions after he tried to paint our basement flat chocolate brown!

Back