Commission from Expedia/Hotels suddenly 30% ...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NRV Runner

Reaction score
We get a lot of our bookings from outside sites, and have been paying an 18% commission on our bookings. About a week ago, the reservations coming from sites like Expedia and Hotels.com started coming in minus around 30% commission. We've received no explanation.
Anyone had a similar experience? We're stumped as to what is going on. Calls to the sites haven't gotten us any answers yet.

Can you remove your inventory until you get an answer?
Look in your account to see if you were set to a higher commission program for better visibility.

Had same thing happen to me. But I had been warned by another innkeeper to be on alert. Expedia et al may try to suck you into their "linked" (they use another word but I can't remember it) bookings where a guest combines room, car, airfare for a larger guest discount. YOU pay extra for this; it's about 12% above your normal 18%.
Your dedicated Expedia rep for your area can fix this. If you have trouble with response time from your rep, just use email support for Expedia; it's pretty good.

Contact Expedia. They may have 'mistakenly'
wink_smile.gif
angry_smile.gif
added you to one of their so-called beefed up marketing strategies which cost you more commission.

I have had that happen to me several years ago. You don't know it has happened until get the first booking. They hide it somewhere in Partner Central I think. (tried to find it but no luck)

Block your rooms on this site until you can get it figured out.

Had same thing happen to me. But I had been warned by another innkeeper to be on alert. Expedia et al may try to suck you into their "linked" (they use another word but I can't remember it) bookings where a guest combines room, car, airfare for a larger guest discount. YOU pay extra for this; it's about 12% above your normal 18%.
Your dedicated Expedia rep for your area can fix this. If you have trouble with response time from your rep, just use email support for Expedia; it's pretty good..
Thanks! Yep - that's what happened. Apparently when I signed their agreement, it was in there somewhere - the "package" rate. It's fixed now.

Your dedicated Expedia rep for your area can fix this. If you have trouble with response time from your rep, just use email support for Expedia; it's pretty good..
Thanks! Yep - that's what happened. Apparently when I signed their agreement, it was in there somewhere - the "package" rate. It's fixed now.
This same thing happened to us when we signed up. I had a bunch of reservations come in when I was on this. After I signed a new contract with them our reservations tanked. I might have to go back. I hate paying that high commission rate.

Back