Compatible systems

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gingerbread Latte

Reaction score
From what I've learned so far, I need an online res system, accounting software and PMS that all talk to each other.
I'm leaning to online systems (if financially feasible) that I can access from laptops, phones and iPads.
What do you use and why? AND... what don't you use and why?
Thanks!

no your res system WILL be online, thats all you need to start with - and yes accounting software unless you want to do it the old fashioned paper and pen way
PMS is property management system, that's what your res system is but you need a WEBSITE that your res system is "behind"

Ah, I remember ledgers from the good ol' days, so I guess I'll go with Quickbooks. (I use the rental one now)
Since I don't have access to the online booking system, I'm only seeing the user side of it right now.
So, Quickbooks to record my room income & business expenses and online res will keep up with who's staying in the room. Am I missing anything else?

plenty, but start at that
and all booking engines have an online demo for innkeepers, ex take a look at http://resnexus.com/tour.html .. and if you go with them remember to use me as a referral thank yew!
sorry I am not being short I am running off to have 2 teeth extracted aaaargh

plenty, but start at that
and all booking engines have an online demo for innkeepers, ex take a look at http://resnexus.com/tour.html .. and if you go with them remember to use me as a referral thank yew!
sorry I am not being short I am running off to have 2 teeth extracted aaaargh.
Hi..agoodman...lets just hope the extracted teeth are not your front teeth ! I just had dental work done and I have a dental policy from my 8-4 job. It cost me $506.00 & the policy picked up the rest. Hope you feel better very soon
tounge_smile.gif
Mary in Bwater.

sadly no dental insurance here so I go the Dental school which still costs $$$$ but a lot less .. a long drive for me each way and one of my guests will be "taking care of me" during the IV procedure .. that's why I say you never know when an angel will walk through your door ....

Ah, I remember ledgers from the good ol' days, so I guess I'll go with Quickbooks. (I use the rental one now)
Since I don't have access to the online booking system, I'm only seeing the user side of it right now.
So, Quickbooks to record my room income & business expenses and online res will keep up with who's staying in the room. Am I missing anything else?.
You can also do your cc processing through Quickbooks and I want to say that there is a reservation system that talks to QB as well. It's not the one I use but a few people on here do it that way.
QB works for us in that the accountant uses it, too. So, ask your accountant which software they are going to want to see your books on when they do your taxes. (Save yourself some grief.)

I use RezovationGT combined with the booking engine. Credit cards are run directly through both products using Intuit Services (the company behind quicken). All reporting I do is from RezovationGT which reports all the income. It does not report or process expenses. Though the data can be imported into Quick Books.

Back