Competing with hotels

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am less $ than our local 'boutique' hotel with better amenities and breakfasts. I drive past there sometimes at night and I rarely see lights on in their guest rooms. I am certain they are surviving on their restaurant alone. My least expensive room is $35 less than their least expensive room and I offer more.

In Bridgewater there are two lodgings , www.crimsoninn.com and wwwbridgewaterinnandcottage.com . They opened last fall and so far have not impacted on my business. Time will tell ,but they are very different from what I offer my guest....Mary in Bridgewater.

In Bridgewater there are two lodgings , www.crimsoninn.com and wwwbridgewaterinnandcottage.com . They opened last fall and so far have not impacted on my business. Time will tell ,but they are very different from what I offer my guest....Mary in Bridgewater..
Mary at Bridgewater Inn and Cottage said:
In Bridgewater there are two lodgings , www.crimsoninn.com and wwwbridgewaterinnandcottage.com . They opened last fall and so far have not impacted on my business. Time will tell ,but they are very different from what I offer my guest....Mary in Bridgewater.
One photo on their website is Mayberry Mill and that is nowhere near Bridgewater. False advertising. It is over three hours from there. It is the most photographed spot on the BRP, so it is easily recognizable as well. (Just noting I saw this)

In Bridgewater there are two lodgings , www.crimsoninn.com and wwwbridgewaterinnandcottage.com . They opened last fall and so far have not impacted on my business. Time will tell ,but they are very different from what I offer my guest....Mary in Bridgewater..
One photo on their website is Mayberry Mill and that is nowhere near Bridgewater. False advertising. It is over three hours from there. It is the most photographed spot on the BRP, so it is easily recognizable as well. (Just noting I saw this)
Your right....misleading..though I don't think they identify where it is and that they are close to it. I noticed quite a few of the other photos are "stock" from VTC. The place is a motel...if you look at the photos:-(

Your right....misleading..though I don't think they identify where it is and that they are close to it. I noticed quite a few of the other photos are "stock" from VTC. The place is a motel...if you look at the photos:-(
catlady said:
Yes, but I clicked under "destination" on their header and those came up - not under photos generic. If they identified them if might be better. I thought they had pretty decent photos of the area for a hotel, unusual aye. Better photos and lay out than many B&B's I have seen lately. Just simple and clean.

catlady said:
Yes, but I clicked under "destination" on their header and those came up - not under photos generic. If they identified them if might be better. I thought they had pretty decent photos of the area for a hotel, unusual aye. Better photos and lay out than many B&B's I have seen lately. Just simple and clean.
Yes it is a nicely set up site. I just went back and now I am sure they ( scenic pics) are all stock photos from VTC because the waterfall is the one we used this spring for our Chamber print directory.

catlady said:
Yes it is a nicely set up site. I just went back and now I am sure they ( scenic pics) are all stock photos from VTC because the waterfall is the one we used this spring for our Chamber print directory.
Last fall when they were new ,prices were $129.00 to $149.00. They have come down alot. The photos are very pretty but not from around here...WE both are very different lodging types...so far this is good for our town...Mary in Bridgewater.

Back