Comphy sheets

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbinnsitters

Reaction score
Just visited a very nice B&B in Lancaster County that swears by the Comphy sheets. She has them in every room and also sells them. She says she has more than paid for the ones used in the guest rooms with the ones she sells. I'm sure they have been discussed on this forum before but I see we have a few new members so thought I'd revive a discussion if anyone has not heard of them. Pros/cons?

Pro: they feel magnificent. Wonderful to sleep between.
In the dark you can sometimes see light (static electricity) from the sheets as you move around. Not sure that's a con. I find it kinda cool.

In the dark you can sometimes see light (static electricity) from the sheets as you move around. Not sure that's a con. I find it kinda cool..
Arkansawyer said:
In the dark you can sometimes see light (static electricity) from the sheets as you move around. Not sure that's a con. I find it kinda cool.
For God's sake, don't put those in the Honeymoon suite.
smileystooges.gif

Con - they pick up hairs and lint like crazy. I have also had problems with stain removal and pin holes.
Pro - I only iron the pillowcase.
I have two sets and people do like them. I have been at inns that sell them and they do a good business in it. I personally prefer cotton, but that's me.

Guests like them. Innkeepers don't necessarily like them.
Innkeepers do like the wide elastic edges and oversized fitting to make them FIT/HUG a bed properly! Innkeepers do not like getting static electricity in their face every five minutes putting them on the bed, or when they pull them out of the dryer.
They do stain with oils. What oils? No idea, some face creams.
They do launder well.
There is a negative review on TA all about an inn selling them overpriced to a guest (if you google them) and there IS a minimum you must sell them at, even tho the review stated the rep said there is no control over what an inn/spa sells them for.
As for all the properties, being hypoallegenic, etc. you can go to the website to find out more.

Some off my guests love them some don't . My latest guest said nothing about the sheet just how wonderful our beds were. When I asked her about the sheet .She felt they grab
her nighty. Turning over. She said they feel nice but did not like how they would grab her nightee.
I feel they are hot. They feel like they are suede. I understood what she was telling me.
I love the wide elastic. Yes I do have to iron them top sheet and pillow cases it looks better, by far. I am still going to stay with the cotton sheets . Better for the summer weather here . Yes a wee bit more ironing in using cotton. But cooler and you can change up the colours.
As for getting oils out I think may be easyer. Tanning oils some are really hard to get out no matter what kind of sheet you have. Lip stick is lot of fun too. grrrr

In the dark you can sometimes see light (static electricity) from the sheets as you move around. Not sure that's a con. I find it kinda cool..
I tried to like them but I just can't. To me, luxury is crisp cotton sheets. These remind me of the polyester shirts of the 70s.
RIki

They are selling similar sheets at Costco now for way less money. If you don't want to be in the resale business but want the sheets.

They are selling similar sheets at Costco now for way less money. If you don't want to be in the resale business but want the sheets..
muirford said:
They are selling similar sheets at Costco now for way less money. If you don't want to be in the resale business but want the sheets.
and the shipping and handling is free (if you have a costco) I wish!

I tried to like them but I just can't. To me, luxury is crisp cotton sheets. These remind me of the polyester shirts of the 70s.
RIki
egoodell said:
RIki
The polyester that had permanent pit stains.
Our guests ADORE them. They do.

Back