Compliance Checks, Part Deux

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoodScout

Reaction score
So you may recall before it was threadjacked, I reported that Vermont had begun sending state troopers to inns and hotels to check and make sure we were complying with the governor's guidelines.

We got two visits, then didn't see our trooper again. Today, I found out why. I'm not saying this is ironic, but it's like O. Henry and Alanis Morissette had a baby and it was THIS SITUATION RIGHT HERE:

Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 12.20.17 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-30 at 12.20.17 PM.png

So needless to say, I've arranged with a few of our inns to make unscheduled, surprise inspections of Vermont State Patrol barracks to make sure they are properly adhering to the state's Covid protocols.

We thank you for doing your part! đź‘Ť

(And we hope everyone at the barracks comes through ok!).

Likewise, I had a visit scheduled last week from the state health dept., but they cancelled because their whole office was in quarantine. It happens. Must continue to be very careful. Don't let up! The end to this is in sight!

Two people I knew in my town developed symptoms, stubbornly refused to go see a doctor, and they died at home. C19 can, in some people, advance from mild symptoms to death in just a few hours.

Arks, so sorry.

Thanks. They weren't like best friends, but I knew them well and saw them often...back when I was out and around pre-COVID. It kind of shakes you up to think, if only they'd been careful for about 2 more months till the vaccine arrives, they could have enjoyed Arkansas for another 20 years! Yes, now I'm sounding like Gillum and W. Virginia :)

Back