complimentary soda and bottled water??

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its not really a lot of work, just have to remember to do it daily or will have someone not happy.
So changing it out all the time wore me out - not the erasing and writing, just the mundane chore. Does that make sense? One more thing to remember to do before check in...scenario. I was trying to streamline my life..."TRYING" LOL

Its not really a lot of work, just have to remember to do it daily or will have someone not happy.
So changing it out all the time wore me out - not the erasing and writing, just the mundane chore. Does that make sense? One more thing to remember to do before check in...scenario. I was trying to streamline my life..."TRYING" LOL.
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
So changing it out all the time wore me out - not the erasing and writing, just the mundane chore. Does that make sense? One more thing to remember to do before check in...scenario. I was trying to streamline my life..."TRYING" LOL
I know exactly what you mean...and that is what the welcome cards are for me...and then there are the days that I get them all written up and then the guests show up early before I've gotten the card in their room...now it's personalized with their names so I want to not waste it, but they're in the room and I don't want to go in there after they leave to put it up...harumph!

You can buy little tent placecards at dollar tree like 50 x $1.00 if you just wanted to place it next to the chocolates on the bed or pillow. Just to handwrite their names and welcome, not anything more.
Most of the time I don't have both names, or last names are different, so it doesn't always work out easy on the cards bit for me.
For 4+ years I wrote guests names on the chalkboard and state(s). I wearied of doing it, that is the only reason, and guests would take photos beside it all the time, they really loved it. Again, with so many single night stays...it wore me out!!
I have a saying or two I put up there now and leave it. I am about to put some quote about Fall...
Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower. ~Albert Camus
The foliage has been losing its freshness through the month of August, and here and there a yellow leaf shows itself like the first gray hair amidst the locks of a beauty who has seen one season too many. ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot
No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace
As I have seen in one autumnal face.
~John Donne
October's poplars are flaming torches lighting the way to winter. ~Nova Bair

October gave a party;
The leaves by hundreds came -
The Chestnuts, Oaks, and Maples,
And leaves of every name.
The Sunshine spread a carpet,
And everything was grand,
Miss Weather led the dancing,
Professor Wind the band.
~George Cooper, "October's Party"
falling leaves
hide the path
so quietly
~John Bailey, "Autumn,"
Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. ~Stanley Horowitz
Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leaves turn. ~Elizabeth Lawrence.
It sounds like a lot of work but putting the names on the board sounds very cool! I'm sure people went gaga over that. Love the autumn quotes too! Finally getting a hint of some cooler temps here and we are loving it.
I had a welcome board with guests names on the porch. ..sometimes I didn't have both names...but for the most part I did. It was something guests smiled about and thanked us for as they came in the door.

No bottled water or sodas. Guest fridge outside the rooms for folks who bring their own. Hot water at all times for hot chocolate or tea. Fresh coffee anytime by request, and delivered outside the rooms e a r l y in the mornings. Our water is good tasting, from an artesian well. (a very small community water system, tested and approved) We also provide wrapped plastic drinking cups. I don't want to deal with broken glass shards!
-KathleenM

Back