Concerned about your FB privacy settings?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Just read this. It seems to work on the worst of the possibly offending pages. But it has no control over revelatory things you might actually SAY on FB.

This was a great resource! Thanks!! It was very easy to do and it found problems with my security settings.

Either I did it wrong or I do not have a problem - I am banking on the first premise.

Either I did it wrong or I do not have a problem - I am banking on the first premise..
did it put a short window above your FB page and run a scan?
Nope. I knew I had not done something right!
I was logged in to facebook. I had the privacy scan program up, clicked on scan on it and nothing happened.
You probably didn't drag their link to your toolbar first. You must get their link onto your brower (internet explorer or firefox, etc) first, then click on it from your toolbar.

Either I did it wrong or I do not have a problem - I am banking on the first premise..
I was logged in to facebook. I had the privacy scan program up, clicked on scan on it and nothing happened.
Go back to the original page in the post and drag that 'program' to your bookmarks or toolbar. Then log onto FB, then click that app in your bookmarks or on your toolbar.

You probably didn't drag their link to your toolbar first. You must get their link onto your brower (internet explorer or firefox, etc) first, then click on it from your toolbar.
I had it bookmarked, I tried to drag it into the toolbar. Numbnutz! I was ON facebook and clicked it in the bookmarks - it took over the facebook page. The most I have ever gotten is an x in the upper right corner of the reclaim homepage - nothing re my facebook and the privacy settings on facebook do not give me any favorites settings.

I had it bookmarked, I tried to drag it into the toolbar. Numbnutz! I was ON facebook and clicked it in the bookmarks - it took over the facebook page. The most I have ever gotten is an x in the upper right corner of the reclaim homepage - nothing re my facebook and the privacy settings on facebook do not give me any favorites settings.
Are you saying it didn't work?

I don't know! What does it say when it works? All I keep getting is the home page of reclaim overlaying facebook with the instructions of how to use it. I give up! Everyone can find out whatever they want to find out no matter what I try to do about it anyway.

I don't know! What does it say when it works? All I keep getting is the home page of reclaim overlaying facebook with the instructions of how to use it. I give up! Everyone can find out whatever they want to find out no matter what I try to do about it anyway.
OK. Here's what it looks like when it's working...
Your FB page is there. A small window opens at the top edge of your page and that is the app from the reclaim site.
There is a list in that small window of the possible places you may be vulnerable to having too much info available. It's a short list of 6-7 items. There will be a box that is green, yellow or red next to each item in the list that shows what's ok and what needs intervention. If something needs intervention there will be a link to click to fix it (altho that didn't work for me and I had to manually go in and look).
If you are not seeing what I described, try using a different browser. Firefox seems to be the one that works best.
moz-screenshot.png
I just sent you an email with a screenshot of what it should look like.

My facebook is now in the garbage. It is not easy to cancel it either. I hardly used facebook and had not much info on it but every time I went to the site and looked at my profile, etc. something had been changed that would allow info to be accessed. I do not need facebook, don't like it and now it's gone!!!

Thank you!!!!! That is exactly what happened with me! I just thought it was because I am numbnutz since it worked for everyone else. Techie I ain't!!

Go back to the original page in the post and drag that 'program' to your bookmarks or toolbar. Then log onto FB, then click that app in your bookmarks or on your toolbar.
I'm about to tear my head off my shoulders!!!
I dragged the link to my Bookmarks
I opened my FaceBook account
With FB account open, I click on the link that I saved to my Bookmarks.
I'm back to the link. FB is gone, there is no scan.
I am very much NOT computer stupid, but I'm getting really pissed off that this is not working for me! I'm going to get some damn ice cream!
P.S. I use Firefox

I am very much NOT computer stupid, but I'm getting really pissed off that this is not working for me! I'm going to get some damn ice cream!
P.S. I use Firefox
Banana said:
P.S. I use Firefox
I use Firefox also. I dragged the link to that little area between where you type in the web address and the tabs (right next to the red icon that says "getting started". Is that what you did?

P.S. I use Firefox
Banana said:
P.S. I use Firefox
I use Firefox also. I dragged the link to that little area between where you type in the web address and the tabs (right next to the red icon that says "getting started". Is that what you did?
Ah ha! Nooooo...I was putting it in my bookmarks. I guess I am a little computer stupid, because I did not realize you could drag and drop to that area. It worked for me. Thank you!
Gilliumhouse, do you have Firefox? Can you try it the way Diva suggested?

P.S. I use Firefox
Banana said:
P.S. I use Firefox
Ah ha! Nooooo...I was putting it in my bookmarks. I guess I am a little computer stupid, because I did not realize you could drag and drop to that area. It worked for me. Thank you!
No Firefox. Tried moving the link (have not found "Getting Started" either) with same result. Not worth the effort to me.

P.S. I use Firefox
Banana said:
P.S. I use Firefox
That's a great area to drag and drop your favorite sites so all you have to do is click on it and you're there!

Back