Condiment Presentation

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would just put the bottle of tobasco on the table. This way they know what it is and saves you alot to time.
Catshup (ny version) goes on the table in the bottle too, as well as syrup.
I found that guests don't really like a formal, formal breakfast. They just want to eat and enjoy.
As long as everything is clean, I think you are good to go..
Do you let guests dine in your kitchen, or have access to it while they are in residence? Just curious because there seem to be a lot of pix of the kitchen on bedandbreakfast.com.
Just checked -- There are 7 pictures and TWO are of the kitchen. Did you think there were more, or do you just love our kitchen? lol

I would just put the bottle of tobasco on the table. This way they know what it is and saves you alot to time.
I found that guests don't really like a formal, formal breakfast. They just want to eat and enjoy.
Do you let guests dine in your kitchen, or have access to it while they are in residence? Just curious because there seem to be a lot of pix of the kitchen on bedandbreakfast.com.
No, we have doors into the kitchen that say "private". Most guests respect this, but, of course, a small few come into the kitchen to put wine in the fridge or to get ice.
I never knew bed&brkfst.com had pics of the kitchen! I did submit them, but I didn't know they were up yet. thank you!
can't wait to see them.
trishany said:
No, we have doors into the kitchen that say "private". Most guests respect this, but, of course, a small few come into the kitchen to put wine in the fridge or to get ice.
I never knew bed&brkfst.com had pics of the kitchen! I did submit them, but I didn't know they were up yet. thank you!
can't wait to see them.
Trish- Your kitchen is beautiful, really beautiful. And as a guest coming to stay with you who sees this lovely kitchen, I am going to be sorely put out that you devote 2 pictures to it and then post a sign telling me to keep out! I'd have bandb.com remove those pix and put up a couple of other photos of places the guests are freely allowed to congregate. Save yourself the aggro I get surrounding the kitchen! You have a door and the means to keep guests out. Don't make it look like the kitchen is available for them to use!
More pix of the shoreline with chairs and drinks. Maybe another photo of one of the guest rooms, but not pix of a place guests aren't really allowed except if they need the fridge.
Really. I can see myself as a guest sitting at that great island sharing scones & tea with you while you cook up my breakfast! Heck, I can see myself hosting a small cheese and wine gathering of my friends who have taken the other rooms at your place. Don't let me dream that and then tell me I can only get ice out of the fridge!

Just checked -- There are 7 pictures and TWO are of the kitchen. Did you think there were more, or do you just love our kitchen? lol
You might want to correct the spelling of your name on the bandb.com listing - there's a typo.

This is just so cute. I have never called it catsup in my life. This forum is fun..
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
This is just so cute. I have never called it catsup in my life. This forum is fun.
Imagine my surprise when I found out 'ketchup' was the same thing!
Bree said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
This is just so cute. I have never called it catsup in my life. This forum is fun.
You ladies need to get out of the kitchen more often.
wink_smile.gif
Read this article and it will explain why there are regional differences in what it's called. http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-ket2.htm
also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketchup

This is just so cute. I have never called it catsup in my life. This forum is fun..
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
Bree said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
wink_smile.gif
Read this article and it will explain why there are regional differences in what it's called. http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-ket2.htm
ProudTexan said:
Bree said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
wink_smile.gif
I call it RED SUGAR! Besides all the fried potatoes (french fries) add corn syrup laden ketchup and voila fatso kids in America. Not to mention sugary drinks.

ProudTexan said:
DW and I were having a discussion this morning about the best way to present condiments at the table.
I have not seen this website before - but had a good chuckle!
Here is another landmark case pot vs kettle.
That one one catsup/ketchup has been 'hacked' (if you can hack a Wiki).
Bree said:
Bree what are you doing looking at a thread that is over a year old? did it pop up again or something?

ProudTexan said:
DW and I were having a discussion this morning about the best way to present condiments at the table.
Bree said:
Bree what are you doing looking at a thread that is over a year old? did it pop up again or something?
Joe Bloggs said:
Bree said:
Yes, it did pop up. Maybe a spammer hit it. I've noticed quite a lot of that lately. Some of the same threads are 'new' everyday and there isn't anything new about them.

ProudTexan said:
Bree said:
Joe Bloggs said:
Bree said:
Yes, it did pop up. Maybe a spammer hit it. I've noticed quite a lot of that lately. Some of the same threads are 'new' everyday and there isn't anything new about them.
Bree said:
Joe Bloggs said:
Bree said:
Actually, I was doing a search for another thread and found this one with my name and address on it. I just came it to edit it to remove that. Sorry for the confusion.

ProudTexan said:
Bree said:
Joe Bloggs said:
Bree said:
Actually, I was doing a search for another thread and found this one with my name and address on it. I just came in to edit and remove that. Sorry for the confusion.

Back