Conducting guest surveys

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me just say this about the survey...develop a thick skin before you do one. It's not that you don't already know that some people just don't like some things, it's seeing them in writing.

Let me just say this about the survey...develop a thick skin before you do one. It's not that you don't already know that some people just don't like some things, it's seeing them in writing..
That is always the problem with asking folks how they really feel. Do a good enough job with the questions and they might actually tell you.

I read a while back that surveys are another way to remind people of how awesome they are. A perfect example of this is the comment card you can get at Sherwyn Williams and mail in... their questions are things like How was your service? What do you think of the quality of the paint? Both of which they know full well that they do very well on. There's no question anywhere on the card about their price!
So even though you're actually trying to gather information, a few bonus questions about things you know you rock on will help cement that image in your customer's mind.
=)
Kk.

I read a while back that surveys are another way to remind people of how awesome they are. A perfect example of this is the comment card you can get at Sherwyn Williams and mail in... their questions are things like How was your service? What do you think of the quality of the paint? Both of which they know full well that they do very well on. There's no question anywhere on the card about their price!
So even though you're actually trying to gather information, a few bonus questions about things you know you rock on will help cement that image in your customer's mind.
=)
Kk..
Interesting about the highlighting in the survey what you're good at.
I did a survey for the cable company once and they never asked about the price. Got all the way to the end and I said that the canvasser...'You never asked about the price. It's too high, btw.'

=)
Kk..
Interesting about the highlighting in the survey what you're good at.
I did a survey for the cable company once and they never asked about the price. Got all the way to the end and I said that the canvasser...'You never asked about the price. It's too high, btw.'
Just curious, did you implement the survey? Can we look at the questions that you have posed? Your comment about having " thick skin" is bang on. I recently conducted a survey for our neighbourhood association. Everyone sent the survey had a vested interest and yet only about a 75% click/open rate was achieved. Of that only about 75% took the 20 question survey. Some of the comments that we received were, to be polite, unexpected. We used http://www.surveygizmo.com/ to conduct & tabulate the survey. I have recently started a feedback e-mail to guests.http://www.mckinnonsbb.com/feedback.html. Don't know how it is going to go over yet.
BBBBoB

Back