"Confessions of a Bed and Breakfast Diva" tells the real story behind running a B&B

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up a fiction title in the library yesterday while rounding out my Adriana Trigiani (she wrote a cover blurb for this one) collection for my mini-vacation - Whistlin' Dixie in a Nor'easter by Lisa Patton. Wasn't until I got it home that I realized it was inn-related.

We should have a resource section here just for B&B related books, or do we? I hope I can find that later. Let me know how you like that book! Sounds like a good un.
BTW I mentioned that Jason F Wright book that was totally fiction "Wednesday Letters" and I mean, it was not close to any B&B I have ever heard of, but it was still very touching, and in the end I believe it prompted people to visit B&B's as they read how loving and kind these owner/innkeepers were. So kudos to him for that! Innkeepers who are not all psychos!

What a great idea - she put in guest book writing with her own to show the two sides. I guess once a guest writes in a guest book the content must belong to the inn?
RIki

What a great idea - she put in guest book writing with her own to show the two sides. I guess once a guest writes in a guest book the content must belong to the inn?
RIki.
egoodell said:
RIki
I would add guest comments, just to fill more pages. :) The same with the recipes, it's all fillers. If someone gets a copy, let us know how you like it!

Below the link Muirford gave I saw this book and clicked (old house reno's in The Shenandoah Valley - thought someone might be interested):
A year on ladybug farm
Their husbands were gone, their families were grown, and the future stretched out before them like an unfulfilled promise...
Tired of always dreaming and never doing, Cici, Lindsay, and Bridget make a life-altering decision. Uprooting themselves from their comfortable lives in the suburbs, the three friends buy a run-down mansion, nestled in the picturesque Shenandoah Valley. They christen their new home "Ladybug Farm," hoping that the name will bring them luck.
As the friends take on a home improvement challenge of epic proportions, they encounter disaster after disaster, from renegade sheep and garden thieves to a seemingly ghostly inhabitant. Over the course of a year, overwhelming obstacles make the three women question their decision, but they ultimately learn that sometimes the best things can happen when everything goes wrong...

My own story would be the opposite; a Northerner moving south of the Mason-Dixon line. Although I grew up in Appalachia and now live again in Appalachia - I think my true nature is more Northern.

It's interesting that she was only an innkeeper 4 years. It might be a good read just to see why they didn't last longer.

I am a flight attendant and own a B&B , so I always thought it would be fun writing a book on what I see on Planes to what I see at the Inn. But of course when do I have the time. If I am not flying around I am working the Inn. Friends always say. You fly around all day in a metal tube and then go home and take care of guest at the Inn. Are you NUTTS But I love it

I picked up a fiction title in the library yesterday while rounding out my Adriana Trigiani (she wrote a cover blurb for this one) collection for my mini-vacation - Whistlin' Dixie in a Nor'easter by Lisa Patton. Wasn't until I got it home that I realized it was inn-related..
muirford said:
Side track alert: Seeing this made me think of Dan Emmett, composer of the song, "Dixie". He was born and buried where I live. The Dan Emmett Decatur Music festival is HUGE around here every year.

Back