Congrats on the coverage Gillum House!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what a very nice writeup you had there. maybe she'll get the innkeeping bug and buy your place when you're ready to sell.

what a very nice writeup you had there. maybe she'll get the innkeeping bug and buy your place when you're ready to sell..
Thanks, Trax. No such luck. She is older than I am and lives in Oregon. Lovely couple who were here to visit the family town as her husband is a descendent of the founder of my city.

so wonderful!!!
links and everything! and you'll put some lovely little 'oh by the way we were featured ...' on your website.
regular_smile.gif
I certainly plan to....

what a very nice writeup you had there. maybe she'll get the innkeeping bug and buy your place when you're ready to sell..
Thanks, Trax. No such luck. She is older than I am and lives in Oregon. Lovely couple who were here to visit the family town as her husband is a descendent of the founder of my city.
gillumhouse said:
i meant the writer- not the guests who posted comments.

Great article, Kathleen! It's wonderful to see someone so deserving get some kudos!

Thank you, Jay. Thank you JBJ for sending me the link. I have spent the morning sending it to just about everyone in my address book!!
The reporter was a sweetheart. We only went up to clean her room when we did because it was her room (accessible) and I knew she needed to get back. The guests were here for a funeral and did not leave right after breakfast - I do not eat until the guests leave and I do not usually start cleaning until they leave for the day..
Congrats. You are a great role model for us all

gillumhouse said:
i meant the writer- not the guests who posted comments.
DUH!!! Unfortunately she is too young. She needs to make a living and this 3 guestrooms will not do that. This would be a great place for someone who is a writer though - enough income to get by if you get a few royalties to help and enough tax dections to cover the costs of the house. Plenty of writing time........

[FONT= 'Times New Roman']Shinnston's Gillum House offers guests simple service[/FONT]
Times-West Virginian - Fairmont,WV,USA
By Ann Ali SHINNSTON — Kathleen Panek's dream of operating a bed and breakfast started with a simple trip with her husband and four of their six children in ...

Here you are again K..
Cool beans!! I hope it hits all over the State if Fairmont picked it up! No ringing phones yet - but hope springs eternal!

Thank you, All, for your kind words.
And after church today, one of the classmates of the family that was here when the reporter was came up to me and told me her friend had said their stay here was so wonderful and that they were booking in for their family reunion later this summer. That she was to tell me how much they enjoyed staying here. and that she wants to come see the place.
If that word can get passed to the other ex-patriots, I may get better occupancy from that too - unless they are too old to go up the stairs any longer, and that is happening unfortunately.

Back