Consensus of Opinion NEEDED!!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I was away from the forum aparently when this all came about. I don't know anything about the "B&B for Vets" promotion! Is it too late? I'd love to participate. I don't have any rooms booked for the 10th yet..
Sunshine..go here
https://www.innspiring.com/node/6563

Ok, I was away from the forum aparently when this all came about. I don't know anything about the "B&B for Vets" promotion! Is it too late? I'd love to participate. I don't have any rooms booked for the 10th yet..
Sunshine..go here
catlady said:
Sunshine..go here
Thank you. I just went to the www and read all the stuff there! Thanks Kathleen for doing this! May you be blessed!

i say that a b&b who offers two rooms free for vets and both are taken ... if they decide to offer a half off price for a vet it is THEIR promotion and nothing to do with the b&b's for vets. will the vet understand? hard to say. will they think it was a bait and switch? hard to say. can you prevent a b&b from doing this? no.
not to discourage a b&b from participating, but this must be very clear to the vets, to the public, and to the b&b. anything other than a free stay on the specified date is a private promotion ...
a b&b who insists on a BOGO is NOT participating in the program. this is a private promotion of that b&b riding on the coat tails of a very generous program. and just not appropriate.
this should be clearly stated on the b&b for vets website.
you know it was bound to happen
just as you know that some potential guests will ask to stay a dfferent nite instead or will want two nites for free not just one. have spoken to a married couple, both vets, who want to reserve 2 free rooms and then bring another couple along and switch partners so they get two free rooms. i told them NO NO NO ... they know it's not right.
smileystooges.gif

etcetera .....
Many B & Bs were already doing something for Veterans Day well before this promotion. For years, we have had a promotion with one free night with the purchase of a paid night for the entire week surrounding Veterans Day for any veteran or active duty. We joined the cause just to lend support and all our rooms on the 10th are gone now, free, all one night stays. We continue to offer our own regular two for one promotion for that week, as we do every year. Nothing bait and switch or riding coattails about it. We do let callers know that our own promotion is in addition to the free night promotion, which is now "sold" out. We're getting a lot of callers. They don't seem to just check availability.
i should clarify. no offense intended. you explain to potential guests and that's the difference. it's wonderful what you've been doing for years and what you're doing now.
i am talking about a place that wants to be included in the publicity the b&b's for vets is getting but does not want to offer a free room on the one night. if they only want to offer a free room if the vet books a second night, a bogo, they are not part of that specific promotion. and where did i see something like that? i am not seeing it here now. ah, it's in the email thread.
i was asked by a local who has a b&b ... could she ''get in on the publicity'' but when they call to book stipulate that they had to buy a room the night before or the night after. i told her no. it has to be at least one room for a free night's stay. unconditionally, to be part of the b&bs for vets. why not do that? no, she said, can't afford to. she just wants to 'ride coat tails' ... if she wants to do her own offer, her own rules, she should advertise her own special.
Yes, you are so right, and the situation you describe is absolutely not acceptable. An attitude like that is really sad, as well. Geez, it's one night and they could donate just one room if they wanted. What could that cost, a bit for breakfast and a little extra cleaning. Our little sacrifice is nothing compared to our armed service members' sacrifice. Thanks for clarifying and I agree 100%.

WAIT... is it Wednesday the 10th or The Actual Vetrans day of Thursday the 11th??? just wanna do it right...

Since I don't yet have an inn open, I haven't studied the specifics of this great program. How do you verify that they are a veteran? Have them show a VFW card or something? Or just take their word for it?

they should have a milatary id right? They still use those for their medical benifits, shopping on base etc....

i say that a b&b who offers two rooms free for vets and both are taken ... if they decide to offer a half off price for a vet it is THEIR promotion and nothing to do with the b&b's for vets. will the vet understand? hard to say. will they think it was a bait and switch? hard to say. can you prevent a b&b from doing this? no.
not to discourage a b&b from participating, but this must be very clear to the vets, to the public, and to the b&b. anything other than a free stay on the specified date is a private promotion ...
a b&b who insists on a BOGO is NOT participating in the program. this is a private promotion of that b&b riding on the coat tails of a very generous program. and just not appropriate.
this should be clearly stated on the b&b for vets website.
you know it was bound to happen
just as you know that some potential guests will ask to stay a dfferent nite instead or will want two nites for free not just one. have spoken to a married couple, both vets, who want to reserve 2 free rooms and then bring another couple along and switch partners so they get two free rooms. i told them NO NO NO ... they know it's not right.
smileystooges.gif

etcetera .....
Many B & Bs were already doing something for Veterans Day well before this promotion. For years, we have had a promotion with one free night with the purchase of a paid night for the entire week surrounding Veterans Day for any veteran or active duty. We joined the cause just to lend support and all our rooms on the 10th are gone now, free, all one night stays. We continue to offer our own regular two for one promotion for that week, as we do every year. Nothing bait and switch or riding coattails about it. We do let callers know that our own promotion is in addition to the free night promotion, which is now "sold" out. We're getting a lot of callers. They don't seem to just check availability.
E-mail me offline so I can get you on the FULL list. Mr Webmaster is going to try to alleviate the phone calls with a column saying FULL.

Back