Consumers engaged via social media more likely to buy, recommend

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
[FONT= 'Lucida Grande']Excerpt: The study, which was released on March 16, showed that consumers were up to 67 percent more likely to recommend or buy products from a brand after following them on social networking sites like Twitter and Facebook.[/FONT]
[FONT= 'Lucida Grande']Consumers said that their number-one reason for becoming a fan of a brand on social networking sites was to receive discounts from the companies.[/FONT]
See full article here
Note from JB - - Yes this is all common sense, but on a personal note from me - I am proud to announce we had our first return on this concept. An assoc editor for a newspaper in a city nearby stayed here one night this past weekend. She follows me on Twitter. Although, Barry the Bar Blogger has said to not use twitter for "Specials" and advertising just to use twitter the way it was originally designed - to reach people personally and engage them. Studies show that twitter is being used more as a NEWS FEED. Which is why I enjoy it now, and do not enjoy the personal comments there, if there is a link, or information I am on it, if not, I am not interested.
There was a tweet from a B&B in Charleston that was stay two nights third free - me in my mind said "I want to go back to Charleston" and I clicked their link to the specials page. So it DOES WORK! If you post specials I will retweet you. If you post "I have a headache and its a grey day" I won't.
cheers.gif

I have just put a bunch of places on "hide" on FB. The constant bombardment of news updates from some places is like junk mail. I do have fan pages but I use FB for social networking with family and friends! I really don't like the new set up.

This is why I am against the grain and not using FB for the biz. I don't want anyone bombarding me! I agree!

This is why I am against the grain and not using FB for the biz. I don't want anyone bombarding me! I agree!.
I do like FB for a lot of reasons though. Now that I'm not super deluged with the biz, I just added FB Mobile to my Smart Phone. tee hee.... I haven't gotten into RSS feeds though and I have an app for that on my phone. :)
Maybe now I can read the manual that came with my phone and find out more cool stuff that it can do......

I have just put a bunch of places on "hide" on FB. The constant bombardment of news updates from some places is like junk mail. I do have fan pages but I use FB for social networking with family and friends! I really don't like the new set up..
I use it for keeping in touch with family and friends for the most part as well. I don't understand half of the stuff for FB.

Back