Contacting Google maps

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Once again, Google maps is showing our location to be one mile away from where we are actually located. Essentially it shows us being in amongst the breweries and hotels. Searching by name gives you the correct map. Searching by address gives the wrong map.

Is there any way to contact them to speak with someone?
I’m going to try to use the ‘edit this’ feature that anyone can use to see if I can get it corrected. 15 years ago this was pretty common with Google moving us around regularly, even to a different town.

I recently used the Google Maps edit feature to move our local Visitor Information Center location, which they were showing to be about 5 blocks from where it actually is (they had the street address right, but were showing the "pin" in the wrong place).
As I remember, it let me drag the pin to the correct location, and that was it. A few days later (apparently they review changes first) it was showing in the correct place, and has been there ever since.

Well, I was not allowed to move the pin, but I was allowed to change the physical address of the pin. The pin does not have our name associated with it, so I hope that helps.
This sort of thing dominoes and then GPS is wrong and dumps guests a mile away. If they have a reservation, they will call. If they are just on the road looking, they will probably just pull into the hotels instead of calling.

Well, I was not allowed to move the pin, but I was allowed to change the physical address of the pin. The pin does not have our name associated with it, so I hope that helps.
This sort of thing dominoes and then GPS is wrong and dumps guests a mile away. If they have a reservation, they will call. If they are just on the road looking, they will probably just pull into the hotels instead of calling..
Morticia said:
The pin does not have our name associated with it, so I hope that helps.
Maybe that's the difference. Our pin says "Visitor Information Center" and I claimed that "business" as mine a couple of years ago.

I recently helped another B&B change their incorrect website. I typed in the correct one and within a minute Google approved and changed it.

This sort of thing dominoes and then GPS is wrong and dumps guests a mile away. If they have a reservation, they will call. If they are just on the road looking, they will probably just pull into the hotels instead of calling..
Morticia said:
Maybe that's the difference. Our pin says "Visitor Information Center" and I claimed that "business" as mine a couple of years ago.
Arks said:
Morticia said:
the pin with our name is at the correct location. at least it was! For some reason, google only moves *our* address to the wrong location. Our neighbors stay put. If I put in their address it shows up in the right location. Across the street, same thing. Just our address moves around.

google accepted the correct address when I entered it, so it knows that is a valid address at that location. If you do a street view it shows an empty lot.

so annoying.

I recently helped another B&B change their incorrect website. I typed in the correct one and within a minute Google approved and changed it..
Momma Smurf said:
I recently helped another B&B change their incorrect website. I typed in the correct one and within a minute Google approved and changed it.
I’m not really sure why this keeps happening. we even get mail for that address. the street name is slightly different, but everyone around me should have the exact same problem, but they don’t!

I recently helped another B&B change their incorrect website. I typed in the correct one and within a minute Google approved and changed it..
Momma Smurf said:
I’m not really sure why this keeps happening. we even get mail for that address. the street name is slightly different, but everyone around me should have the exact same problem, but they don’t!
Morticia said:
...everyone around me should have the exact same problem, but they don’t!
Maybe because your address is so unique...
deleteme_1.jpg

Well they have not responded but some sites have picked it up. Google, however, still shows the empty lot ‘street view’ when I enter my address.
i think I will use multiple google accounts to keep pushing the address change.
It’s pretty annoying.

Momma Smurf said:
Maybe you can help google find Mort's address?

Well they have not responded but some sites have picked it up. Google, however, still shows the empty lot ‘street view’ when I enter my address.
It’s pretty annoying..
Do you "own" the listing?

It’s pretty annoying..
Generic said:
no. it’s an empty lot.

It’s pretty annoying..
Generic said:
no. it’s an empty lot.
He means have you "claimed" the listing of your B & B on Goo? If not do it immediately. Verified that it IS you.

It’s pretty annoying..
Generic said:
no. it’s an empty lot.
He means have you "claimed" the listing of your B & B on Goo? If not do it immediately. Verified that it IS you.
gillumhouse said:
definitely. did that years ago! I’ve had to move my pin dozens of times. google shifts it regularly whenever something opens near that address on the other side of town.

Back