Continental Breakfast items....Would anyone be kind enough to share their ideas :o)

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beachtime

Reaction score
Hello All - We are hopefully about to escape our clinical research careers and purchase a 10 bedroom inn at the beach :)
For now, we only want to serve breakfast, as we don't want to apply for a food service application at this time. According to North Carolina regulations, we can serve a "Continental Breakfast" limited to bakery items, whole fruit, beverages and individually packaged food. I'd love to hear what items others are serving for their continental breakfasts. Would anyone be kind enough to share your menus? Many thanks in advance!

When I opened in 1996, I was doing Continental Plus. I did several kinds of muffins and breads, juices, fruit, and coffee/tea. Since then (I discovered a cooked breakfast was easier) I have made bagels and they are really easy to do. I sometimes make them now but would have bagels on the Continental breakfast menu. Jams, jellies, cream cheese, apple butter, individual yogurts on the side. A toaster with butter and honey and a couple kinds of bread (white, wheat, and perhaps rye).

When I opened in 1996, I was doing Continental Plus. I did several kinds of muffins and breads, juices, fruit, and coffee/tea. Since then (I discovered a cooked breakfast was easier) I have made bagels and they are really easy to do. I sometimes make them now but would have bagels on the Continental breakfast menu. Jams, jellies, cream cheese, apple butter, individual yogurts on the side. A toaster with butter and honey and a couple kinds of bread (white, wheat, and perhaps rye)..
Thanks so much, this is really helpful!

When I opened in 1996, I was doing Continental Plus. I did several kinds of muffins and breads, juices, fruit, and coffee/tea. Since then (I discovered a cooked breakfast was easier) I have made bagels and they are really easy to do. I sometimes make them now but would have bagels on the Continental breakfast menu. Jams, jellies, cream cheese, apple butter, individual yogurts on the side. A toaster with butter and honey and a couple kinds of bread (white, wheat, and perhaps rye)..
Thanks so much, this is really helpful!
Forgot cottage cheese and hard boiled eggs - protein!!

Among other things, we put out a make-your-own yogurt parfait bar. Individual yogurt cups, fresh fruit and lots of toppings choices. Coconut, walnuts, raisins, chocolate chips, sunflower seeds.....

If you cannot cook, or don’t want to, this is what I like when traveling:
  • Yogurt
  • juice
  • fresh fruit
  • boxed cereal
  • milk
  • bagels and a way to toast them
I can no longer eat sweets for breakfast, which breaks my heart, but there you have it.
It really depends on your market. You may want hummus as an option. I’d eat that!

We are at the beach right now and my suggestion is to have breakfast available on the earlier side for folks who want to get out for the day.

Thanks for your suggestions, having a forum like this for newbies like me, is awesome
regular_smile.gif

Back