Quantcast

Continental Breakfast

INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources

Help Support INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources:

Willowpondgj

Reaction score
For those of you who serve continental style....What do you serve?

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
When we do a buffet (weddings, group bookings) we have basically bread on the menu...nothing that requires hot holding like eggs or meat. It's worked so far.

EmptyNest

Reaction score
I consider a continental to be something like fruit juice, or a piece of fruit and a piece of pastry ie: muffin or bagel, maybe cereal and milk and coffee or tea. That is it really. Whatever you get at Motel 6:-(

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I consider a continental to be something like fruit juice, or a piece of fruit and a piece of pastry ie: muffin or bagel, maybe cereal and milk and coffee or tea. That is it really. Whatever you get at Motel 6:-(.
catlady said:
I consider a continental to be something like fruit juice, or a piece of fruit and a piece of pastry ie: muffin or bagel, maybe cereal and milk and coffee or tea. That is it really. Whatever you get at Motel 6:-(
That's about it...bagels & cream cheese (2-3 kinds), muffins, whole fruit, 'artisan' bread for toast, yogurt, cereal, juice, coffee, tea. We lay it out really nicely and provide a toaster for the bagels and bread.

EmptyNest

Reaction score
Here's a good one:
What does "Continental Breakfast" mean?
It means you're hungry by 10:30.

A Continental breakfast consists of croissants, rolls, or bread, perhaps some butter, jam, and/or marmalade, and coffee, tea, or, if you make enough of a fuss, hot chocolate.

EmptyNest

Reaction score
I consider a continental to be something like fruit juice, or a piece of fruit and a piece of pastry ie: muffin or bagel, maybe cereal and milk and coffee or tea. That is it really. Whatever you get at Motel 6:-(.
catlady said:
That's about it...bagels & cream cheese (2-3 kinds), muffins, whole fruit, 'artisan' bread for toast, yogurt, cereal, juice, coffee, tea. We lay it out really nicely and provide a toaster for the bagels and bread.
Yours is CONTINENTAL PLUS+

muirford

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
We just stayed at an Inn with an excellent continental breakfast - they are not allowed by law (no commercial kitchen) to cook anything stovetop, although they skirt the issue by baking entrees only on weekends. On the buffet this a.m. - organic yogurt, organic instant oatmeal, hard-boiled eggs, sliced fresh fruit (cantalope, honeydew, pineapple, kiwi), two kinds of bread for toasting, peanut butter & jelly, an apple streusel coffee cake, three kinds of cold cereal including homemade granola, milk, oj, cranberry juice, coffee, tea. I was not hungry until lunchtime.

Samster

Reaction score
We just stayed at an Inn with an excellent continental breakfast - they are not allowed by law (no commercial kitchen) to cook anything stovetop, although they skirt the issue by baking entrees only on weekends. On the buffet this a.m. - organic yogurt, organic instant oatmeal, hard-boiled eggs, sliced fresh fruit (cantalope, honeydew, pineapple, kiwi), two kinds of bread for toasting, peanut butter & jelly, an apple streusel coffee cake, three kinds of cold cereal including homemade granola, milk, oj, cranberry juice, coffee, tea. I was not hungry until lunchtime..
"organic" instant oatmeal? I did not know that was available. Maybe I can find it in our store here now that we are seeing more organic foods.
I did just see hard boiled eggs without shells in a re-sealable bag in the dairy section.

muirford

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
We just stayed at an Inn with an excellent continental breakfast - they are not allowed by law (no commercial kitchen) to cook anything stovetop, although they skirt the issue by baking entrees only on weekends. On the buffet this a.m. - organic yogurt, organic instant oatmeal, hard-boiled eggs, sliced fresh fruit (cantalope, honeydew, pineapple, kiwi), two kinds of bread for toasting, peanut butter & jelly, an apple streusel coffee cake, three kinds of cold cereal including homemade granola, milk, oj, cranberry juice, coffee, tea. I was not hungry until lunchtime..
"organic" instant oatmeal? I did not know that was available. Maybe I can find it in our store here now that we are seeing more organic foods.
I did just see hard boiled eggs without shells in a re-sealable bag in the dairy section.
The oatmel was Kirkland, so from Costco. The hard-boiled eggs were in the shell, actually - they were brown eggs. I have never tried the store-bought hard-boiled eggs but always assumed they would not be great

EmptyNest

Reaction score
Again...that is way MORE than just a continental breakfast:)

muirford

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Again...that is way MORE than just a continental breakfast:)
They call it a 'bountiful continental breakfast'. Still a continental to them. I think it is what you do for a continental if you are a Select Registry B&B and you are only legally allowed to offer a continental.