Cookies - yes again

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
I guess this rotates around from inn to inn. I put out VERY LARGE white chocolate macadamia nut cookies on a plate with chocolates, and sodas in the fridge, hot cocoa etc.
One room checked in, ONE. I knew a couple other rooms will be later on. I put out 9 very large cookies. There are two - and one is broken, left on the plate! How in the world can one room eat 7 very large weighty cookies? I think they must have taken some for later!!! That must be it!
No I don't have any more to restock. I didn't think I would need to!

I put out 18 cookies for 12 guests...I'm about to make a sortie to see if there's anything left for me...

They must have been good cookies! All my rooms got their plated cookies in their rooms. All different check-ins & comings & goings. Sometimes it's just easier for me to do it that way. I learned this from InnRetirement :)

sounds like a good idea, cookies in the rooms so each gets their share.

My talcum bombers are here (I love them in spite of what's coming...). We managed to avoid wiping out the little shelf by the door this time. Bachelor son came in the kitchen as I was prepping breakfast and spied the cookies.. "do ya mind?" as he reaches for them. My response, "That's what they're there for, as long as you're taking one or two, not five (which was how many were left). He took two... one "for his dad" (who doesn't eat choc chip cookies), i.e., it's OK to take two because one would have been for him.
If I hadn't mentioned it, he'd have eaten all five while we were standing there.
Maybe that's why I have it easy PITA-wise... my biggest PITA's are my good friends. And I enjoy their coming, in spite of what I know is going to happen. (And I nip things in the bud as much as possible.)
After dealing with them, everyone else is a piece of cake.
=)
Kk.

They must have been good cookies! All my rooms got their plated cookies in their rooms. All different check-ins & comings & goings. Sometimes it's just easier for me to do it that way. I learned this from InnRetirement :).
Samster said:
They must have been good cookies! All my rooms got their plated cookies in their rooms. All different check-ins & comings & goings. Sometimes it's just easier for me to do it that way. I learned this from InnRetirement :)
If I have a full house I like a central location as I can put it all there and make it look nice versus each room. The bucket of ice and glasses etc all right there. If I have one or two rooms I like them in the rooms, or if it is a later check in.

some people (like me) have an enormous sweet tooth ... if a plate of cookies was to hand and i sat watching tv and drinking tea, i might eat several! and i'm not kidding. not out of greed but because they are so yummy!

some people (like me) have an enormous sweet tooth ... if a plate of cookies was to hand and i sat watching tv and drinking tea, i might eat several! and i'm not kidding. not out of greed but because they are so yummy!.
i am a COOKIE LOVER TOO! If they are out i would really be tempted to eat more than just 2. But I resist the temptation knowing that they aren't all for me:-(
That is why we always plated the cookies and put them in each room rather than just leaving a plate out for everyone to pick from...more sanitary too:)

With a box of cookies at my side and a good book the question is "where did the cookies go? The box is empty!!"

sounds like a good idea, cookies in the rooms so each gets their share..
seashanty said:
That's what we do. We have plates with oak leaves and acorns on them (the theme of our cottages) and use the paper doilies to set the cookies on. We also put single serving Ben & Jerry's in the mini-fridges. <---Very Popular. People think they're being spoiled.
For newbies looking for advice...don't put scales in the bathrooms.

They must have been good cookies! All my rooms got their plated cookies in their rooms. All different check-ins & comings & goings. Sometimes it's just easier for me to do it that way. I learned this from InnRetirement :).
Samster said:
If I have a full house I like a central location as I can put it all there and make it look nice versus each room. The bucket of ice and glasses etc all right there. If I have one or two rooms I like them in the rooms, or if it is a later check in.
I would probably do it that way too if I had all my rooms in one house :) Maybe we need cookie dispensers. lol!

sounds like a good idea, cookies in the rooms so each gets their share..
seashanty said:
That's what we do. We have plates with oak leaves and acorns on them (the theme of our cottages) and use the paper doilies to set the cookies on. We also put single serving Ben & Jerry's in the mini-fridges. <---Very Popular. People think they're being spoiled.
For newbies looking for advice...don't put scales in the bathrooms.
My inn-mate in TX puts the individual ice creams in her mini-fridges too & the guests love it. That would be good here too in the Summer.

If I had mini fridges with freezer space I would do that as well! We have a local creamery here. Sometimes guests return from there with a spare quart for us.
I think offering ice cream is really neat when it is hot. We have done it on ocassion if the guests are here on the porch. They are always shocked! These are the guests who need to do TA reviews. They love it.

If I had mini fridges with freezer space I would do that as well! We have a local creamery here. Sometimes guests return from there with a spare quart for us.
I think offering ice cream is really neat when it is hot. We have done it on ocassion if the guests are here on the porch. They are always shocked! These are the guests who need to do TA reviews. They love it..
It's been very chilly here at night, but that hasn't stopped the ice cream from not being eaten. It's a comfort food in a small package. I think it makes guests feel special.

Phew...Junie...sounds like you ALMOST had a cookie hissy fit! I feel your expaseration...WHERE did those 7 HUGE cookies go?!?! Were my group of "ladies" visiting you for the weekend?!?!
Anyway, the cookies sounded delicious so hopefully someone enjoyed 'em!

I would hate it if people broke a big cookie in half. Who will eat the other half.
I went to Gordon Foods and they had cookies for testing. I tried the oatmeal and they were soft and very very good. These were frozen (not when I tried them of course) I went to buy them and they were out of the oatmeal. I thought they were so good that the choclate chip would be as good and they were not nearly as good. I will buy the oatmeal next time. I will use them if I have drop ins or I am in a tizzy.
I was in Panera Bread and watched them making cookies. They used a medium size ice cream scoop to make the cookies. They dipped and smoothed off the excess put them on the pan and then smashed them with their hand. They came out all the same size and looked great. Just thought I would pass that tip on.

I would hate it if people broke a big cookie in half. Who will eat the other half.
I went to Gordon Foods and they had cookies for testing. I tried the oatmeal and they were soft and very very good. These were frozen (not when I tried them of course) I went to buy them and they were out of the oatmeal. I thought they were so good that the choclate chip would be as good and they were not nearly as good. I will buy the oatmeal next time. I will use them if I have drop ins or I am in a tizzy.
I was in Panera Bread and watched them making cookies. They used a medium size ice cream scoop to make the cookies. They dipped and smoothed off the excess put them on the pan and then smashed them with their hand. They came out all the same size and looked great. Just thought I would pass that tip on..
I use an ice cream scoop for my cookie dough. I have also used it with muffins and cupcakes so they come out the same size.

I was in Panera Bread and watched them making cookies. They used a medium size ice cream scoop to make the cookies. They dipped and smoothed off the excess put them on the pan and then smashed them with their hand. They came out all the same size and looked great. Just thought I would pass that tip on..
I use a 1 tbsp measuring spoon for my cookies.

Back