Cookware Recommendatons?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Breakfast Diva

Reaction score
The past couple of years I've been using Calphalon non stick pans. I like the way they cook, but the bottoms are already in bad shape. Have any of you used the Calphalon pans without the coating? Any other cookware you recommend? I usually use the small fry pan (omelet size), 10" & 12" fry pans.

Are you talking about wanting to use the Calphalon without the non stick inside? I have the pots and pans with nonstick and 1 small skillet without the nonstick, and that is the very last pan I ever choose to use.....I know they say if you heat it up correctly and oil it right it won't stick, but I have the hardest time with it.

Are you talking about wanting to use the Calphalon without the non stick inside? I have the pots and pans with nonstick and 1 small skillet without the nonstick, and that is the very last pan I ever choose to use.....I know they say if you heat it up correctly and oil it right it won't stick, but I have the hardest time with it..
GeorgiaGirl said:
Are you talking about wanting to use the Calphalon without the non stick inside? I have the pots and pans with nonstick and 1 small skillet without the nonstick, and that is the very last pan I ever choose to use.....I know they say if you heat it up correctly and oil it right it won't stick, but I have the hardest time with it.
Yes, you answered my question perfectly. I'm wondering if the pans without the non-stick really are difficult to cook with. On all the professional cooking shows, you see just the metal pans in the kitchens and I always wonder how they use them without the food sticking!
I'm tired of spending big bucks for non stick pans, use them with rubber or other proper utensils and then still have to replace them after a couple of years.

I love my pans without the non-stick coating. All of my pans are non-non-stick. Copper bottoms. I think the key for me, is lower heat than higher heat and no-stick cooking spray. I rarely burn anything in them.
As a confession, I did burn some banana cream, cook and serve pudding last week. However, I was going against my general belief that anything that can be made homemade needs to be homemade. I bought some cook and serve pudding for my son's banana cream pie for his birthday. Turned it on, walked away, forgot about it, burned it, rethought my process, and made him a banana cream pie with homemade custard.
Sorry for the sidetrack
embaressed_smile.gif

calphalon10pc.jpg
We have a set of Calphalon One Infused Anodized (infused hard annodized) and love them. They are sort of a non-stick hybrid as the non-stick is infused into the metal rather than a coating that sits on the surface.
You can use metal utensils on them without fear and you can use SOS pads on them to clean them if you need to...it is pretty much not necessary though. The only thing you have to be careful of is if you are a "spoon banger" (to clean off the spoon you bang it on the edge of the pot) and you use a metal spoon you will ding up the edges....once you break yourself of that habit, they work great.
Things rarely stick and if they do it takes no work at all to clean them off (not quite wipe it off with a paper towel like true-non-stick but a swipe or two with the sponge scrubby is all it takes)
Since our kitchen is open we needed the pots to look good as well as perform well. These look great and work great. Have used them both on electric (old stove) and propane (new stove) and the work great. They can also go in the oven, but we hardly ever do that.
The only problem we ever had is that we used one of the pots for steaming vegetables pretty regualarly and it built up some water scale that when I used some scale remover it ate some of the infused coating. Calphalon replaced the pot by mail within 8 days!!!!
Since then we bought a Calphalon Stainless-Steel Saucepan for steaming which works better for steaming anyway do to the glass lid on it. The water scale can be removed from the stainless without worry. Even this pot which is not non-stick in any way, cleans up great when I make a mess of it with some sauce or gooey creation.
Calphalon definitely earned my respect.

calphalon10pc.jpg
We have a set of Calphalon One Infused Anodized (infused hard annodized) and love them. They are sort of a non-stick hybrid as the non-stick is infused into the metal rather than a coating that sits on the surface.
You can use metal utensils on them without fear and you can use SOS pads on them to clean them if you need to...it is pretty much not necessary though. The only thing you have to be careful of is if you are a "spoon banger" (to clean off the spoon you bang it on the edge of the pot) and you use a metal spoon you will ding up the edges....once you break yourself of that habit, they work great.
Things rarely stick and if they do it takes no work at all to clean them off (not quite wipe it off with a paper towel like true-non-stick but a swipe or two with the sponge scrubby is all it takes)
Since our kitchen is open we needed the pots to look good as well as perform well. These look great and work great. Have used them both on electric (old stove) and propane (new stove) and the work great. They can also go in the oven, but we hardly ever do that.
The only problem we ever had is that we used one of the pots for steaming vegetables pretty regualarly and it built up some water scale that when I used some scale remover it ate some of the infused coating. Calphalon replaced the pot by mail within 8 days!!!!
Since then we bought a Calphalon Stainless-Steel Saucepan for steaming which works better for steaming anyway do to the glass lid on it. The water scale can be removed from the stainless without worry. Even this pot which is not non-stick in any way, cleans up great when I make a mess of it with some sauce or gooey creation.
Calphalon definitely earned my respect..
Thanks Swirt. I do really like the way Calphalon cooks. My pans are the non-stick and not the one infused. How long have you been using your pans?
I clicked on the link you provided which went to amazon and the sale price was $599.99 (gulp). I did a quick search on ebay and found the same thing for $329.95. Both have free shipping.
Another reason I like the calphalon pans is that I can make a frittata or another dish where I saute in the pan on the stove top then throw it in the oven to finish it.

calphalon10pc.jpg
Calphalon definitely earned my respect..
Thanks Swirt. I do really like the way Calphalon cooks. My pans are the non-stick and not the one infused. How long have you been using your pans?
I clicked on the link you provided which went to amazon and the sale price was $599.99 (gulp). I did a quick search on ebay and found the same thing for $329.95. Both have free shipping.
Another reason I like the calphalon pans is that I can make a frittata or another dish where I saute in the pan on the stove top then throw it in the oven to finish it.
Breakfast Diva said:
We've been using ours for seven years now. Yah that first price is higher than we paid for it too. We have a Chef's Outlet at the Prime Outlets near us and we got our set for closer to the second price you found. I just threw in the amazon link so you could see exactly what "line" of Calphalon I was talking about, as they have several variations that sound similar.

I had my son the chef get me a set of copper pans w/lids -they have stainless insides. Fantastic cooking pans but learned quickly the brass handles get hot - use a hot pad. My poor pans! Each of them - every last one now since a couple months ago I got the last one - has had a turn of "fergitaboudit" doing my cooking. Boiling water with a couple drops of dish soap (being very careful to watch it because the dish soap makes it rise up and be interesting) works wonders at removing whatever WAS in that pan and making it easier to return it to the stainless look. I do not think the copper will ever go to a true copper color again (multiple fergits for some) but they still cook up a storm.

Working at Williams-Sonoma for Christmas last year made me really, really want All Clad Cookware. Though it is a bit expensive. I am thinking of working there again this year, just to get the discount.
teeth_smile.gif

Wir bieten schöne inoffizielle brautkleider, Knielange Brautkleider zu günstige Preisen online. Custom kleider design nach dem Foto. So einfach finden Sie Ihr Traum Brautkleid.
Beach Wedding Kleid Brautjungfer Styles Top Brautjungfernkleid Designer
Alle Damen müssen Schimmer und ihr bestes zu schauen auf ihre eigenen besonderen Tag wird Ihr Hochzeitstag der wichtigsten Morgen in Ihrem eigenen Leben und eine Menge vorstellen und weit suchen, dann wird bereits aus für die tolle Kleidung getragen. Sobald Blick auf diejenigen Outfit haben Sie Alternativen auf dem Markt, es gibt viele verschiedene Arten von Kleid, abiballkleider günstig Farbe brautkleider , sehr lange Kleider, diese kurze Kleidung und verschiedenen Materialien sind die Auswahl, die Sie brauchen, um die. Und mit diesem, dass Sie zusätzlich mit dem Sie kaufen können Kostüm konfrontiert abendkleider kaufen online abendkleider kaufen online, günstige ballkleider können Brautkleider von spezialisierten Hochzeitsplanung Einzelhändler, Hochzeit Segmente rund um die großen Outfits Geschäften sowie 2nd hand online gekauft werden. Wie Sie lesen durch Check out ein paar von diesen Entscheidungen, die man finden und auch die Vor-und Nachteile für jede dieser können.
Zweitens geben Kleidung wird über sein runzelte die Stirn, weil sie in der Vergangenheit. Es gibt zahlreiche Websites brautkleider shop online , die wiederum verkaufen ausschließlich hochwertige Brautkleider und Gegenwart Internetseiten mit Schnappschüsse zusammen mit Dimensionierung ist in der Bekleidungs-, unterscheiden sich diese im Inneren Wert dennoch Grad der Komplexität preiswerter, als Sie einen Ersatz zu kaufen. Kleidung von Websites ehrlich sichere Musik-Downloads häufig stammen von renommierten Geschäften zusammen mit Entscheidungsträgern, aber minus der Entwickler Preis. Der Erwerb durch eine Internet-Seite, wie das ist ziemlich einfach günstige abiballkleider , den eigentlichen Verkauf Liste für jedes Outfit liefern Warenbezeichnungen auf das Kleid, die Abmessungen und auch die Höhe der Braut, wer genau, ballkleide ballkleide dass dieser Brauch zu identifizieren, die ursprüngliche Anklage zog und auch die Kauf im Wert von Kleidung. Viele, brautmoden für schwangere die verlieren kann ganz einfach nicht zu versuchen, die Robe auf herauszufinden, ob die Struktur zukommt Sie initial. Wenn Sie glauben, das Kleid, das du immer von dir geträumt haben sind in der Lage, E-Mail des Verkäufers über die Website und Fragen haben, bevor Sie sich auf Einkauf für zu verbringen.
Eine weitere Option für die Führung nur ein geringes Einkommen bei der Wahl Trauung Kleid ist in der Regel ein Nachweis Kleidung zu erhalten, sind diese Kleidungsstücke, die mit und geben Sie auch an einem zeigen, modelliert wurden. Da sie nicht abgenutzt sind so zu erhalten, heiratete um sie immer noch klassifiziert, da genutzt, so kann kaufte ein kleines bisschen weniger als ein brandneues 1 sein. Auf der anderen Seite sollten Sie die Kleidung gründlich zu bestätigen für alle Mängel, auch wenn dies sollte wieder vom Eigentümer erklärt werden.
Eine Menge der großen Marke Outfits Geschäften kann eine hingebungsvolle Hochzeit teilgenommen haben, ist es möglich, in der Regel erhalten Sie Ihre Fonds erwirbt an diesem Punkt eher als professionelle Händler. Viele haben schon einen Teil auf Designer-Marken konzentrieren, die wieder gewonnenen zusätzlichen können schnell und billig sein, wenn sie mit zu einem spezialisierten Ehe aussehen verglichen.
Viele in der Promi-Berater Engagement Geschäfte haben eine Online-prescence, das ist ein guter Ort, um zu beginnen bei der Auswahl des Design und der Stil des Kleides zu bekommen. Fast alle bieten eine riesige Auswahl an Kleidung in einem Online-Magazin, das Ihnen werden die Konzepte in Bezug auf Modelle und Wert variiert. Natürlich, wenn Sie Verkaufsstelle für ein Fachgeschäft, dann können Sie eine Zahlung von höheren Kosten auf Ihrem Kleid zu antizipieren brautmoden online bestellen brautmoden online bestellen, abendkleider abendkleider kann brandneuen Brautkleidern extrem werden hochpreisige und Sie sollten Alternativen vor allem da das Kleid in Erwägung ziehen könnte möglicherweise auf für gesetzt werden so wenig wie mehrere Stunden für das große Ereignis.
Das Internet enthält eine enorme Menge von mehr Wissen über Brautmode, das der perfekte Ort, um zu beginnen schaut sich um, wird es sparen Sie viel Bein liefern die Ergebnisse und viele Geld, um die viel durch die Entscheidung über sinnvoll, wo Sie Ihren kaufen kann Kostüm.
online abendkleider shop

Back