Cool/interesting B&B

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Pearce

Reaction score
Thought some of you might enjoy looking at the pics of this B&B. It's a Castle here in central Kentucky. Development originally started in the late 60's when a guy wanted to build it for his wife. They broke up in the 70's and construction stopped. He sold it in 2003 and the new developer just finished and turned it into a B&B a couple years ago. It doesn't compare to any European castle but it's certainly fun to drive by.
http://www.thecastlepost.com/
As a note this is not a client of ours, and we have no relationship with the property. Just thought some of you might enjoy checking it out.

Wow, this place looks amazing! A few odd things though. No online reservations or availability calendar. Very expensive rooms and all you get is a continental breakfast?
I'd love to have dinner there (included with your room on Fri & Sat). It looks like they have a world class chef!
check out the name of the town they're in. Very appropriate.

I have family in that area and have been by this place many times in times past. So glad to see it has been properly completed and is being used in such a grand fashion.
The story that we were told was that an elderly wealthy gentleman built the castle to win the hand of a young lady who told him I will if you build me a castle.. She skipped!
At one point it was owned by Steve Majors (aka 6 Million Dollar Man). And I believe at one point had a serious fire.

I have family in that area and have been by this place many times in times past. So glad to see it has been properly completed and is being used in such a grand fashion.
The story that we were told was that an elderly wealthy gentleman built the castle to win the hand of a young lady who told him I will if you build me a castle.. She skipped!
At one point it was owned by Steve Majors (aka 6 Million Dollar Man). And I believe at one point had a serious fire..
Ah great, beautiful horse country huh? Yes it did have a bad fire right in the middle of renovation. For those interested you can read more about the history here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Castle
Also I don't really think the inn is very profitable, if at all. The owner is loaded and probably doesn't care, but he's also trying to sell the property for $30 million (which most believe is a rediculous asking price). I think he's hoping one of the filty rich oil sheiks that come in town to buy thoroughbred's will purchase it. They're known for buying multi-million dollar horse farms here just to show their friends when they come in town. But he's continuing to operate it as an inn until someone makes an offer.

Here's my question - why the heck did the wife leave him? For THAT you SUCK IT UP LOL . well maybe he left her ...

Back